Few questions and issues with latest beta 5.3a

Q&A about the latest versions
Hrvoje

Hello

I'm testing what's new in Pano2VR 5.0beta 3a pro 64 bit.
I decided to work with HTML5 panoramas only.

So I have few questions:

1. Is it possible to pass custom variable to textfield? How?

My plan is to use custom hotspot which would:
- ommouse down: pass $hd (hotspot description) to my custom variable (let's call it MySrc)
Hotspot description will be name for external HTML file.
- onmouse up: make container which holds textfield visible.
Textfield contains iframe code for loading external HTML content:

Code: Select all

iframe width="99%" height="100%" src="htmlpages/$MySrc.html" frameborder="0" 
style="position: absolute; height: 100%; border: none"

How to pass my custom "MySrc" variable to only part of textfield content?
$MySrc doesn't work.

2. I wonder, Is it possible to set viewing parameters for each node in Tour Browser?
Atm system saves parameters for all nodes only.

3. What would be the best way to integrate simple image gallery into panoramas?
Each node should have its own set of images, approx 10 per panorama.

- Solved

4. Images in panoramas. When embedding images in panoramas, image settings width and height doesn't work properly.
How to adjust image width and height?

5. From time to time right click for context menu leaves "un-closable" panels. Only restart help.

Generally speaking, is latest beta ready for production work or should I wait for more stable version?
I need to start fresh project so I'd like to avoid possible time waste and frustrations :)

Thanks,
Regards
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Hrvoja,
1) I didn't understand why you would want to do this, why not just use the set value action to a text box.
So the hotspot description would hole the full iframe information.
Example:
Source: Mouse Click
Action: Set Value
Value: <iframe width="99%" height="100%" src="htmlpages/page.html" frameborder="0" style="position: absolute; height: 100%; border: none">
Target: Text Box.

Each hotspot can have its own description so each can open a new page.
You would use this with a Show Element action to show the text box then you would have a close button that not only hired the text box but also sets the value to being blank. Thus unloading the iframe ready for the next.

2) Yes its possible, just select the node in the tour browser and select viewing parameters. You can then move the pano in the viewer to the desired location then click Set.

4) Don't understand, do you mean pinned images use the viewer modes or something else?

5) This is a bug and is fixed for the next beta

There are bugs, hence why it is still in beta but I have built many projects now that do work without problems.
Multi node tours with popup images and information text boxes, example the Layer Marney Tower tour in our examples page.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hrvoje

Hello

1. Because I'd like to have iframe code in one instance only. If I need to change it in some future,
I don't need to change it in X hotspots descriptions.

Anyway I've found my solution. In hotspot button, Action settings:
Source: Mouse Down
Action: Set Value
Value:

Code: Select all

<iframe width="99%" height="100%" src="htmlpages/$hd.html" frameborder="0" style="position: absolute; height: 100%; border: none"></iframe>
Target: My textfield

So I only need to pass html file name via hotspot description, and every change on iframe needs to be done only once.

Although, I would still like to know how to pass my custom variable to instance, for learning purpose :)

2. Hmm I don't think so...
I click on 1st panorama in TB. Move it to desired position. Click Set button.
Click on 2nd panorama in TB. Move it to desired position. Click Set button.
Now when I click on 1st panorama in TB I can see that it's moved into position set in 2nd panorama.
Or I'm doing something wrong?

4. If I click on Camera icon - Images(i), than double-click in panorama, after I browse for desired image it is placed in panorama.
In image properties, Size settings, below Alternative file, if I change numbers there, eg. change default image width and height, it is not applied to image.

New question

5. Question: Why template editor cannot be minimized? Also it always shows on the top over main program.

In order to access Pano2VR program, template editor needs to be dragged away or closed.
I have 27'' 2560x1440 monitor but pano2vr and panorama editor is not space saver due to big buttons and spacious UI

Hints

1. It would be nice if editor could be minimized or set below main program with taskbar.

2. Add "Generate Output" button in template editor as well. Click on it should save template and generate pano output.
It would save some time when developing and testing new complex template. Live preview is usable but it doesn't show panorama.

3 Generate Output button should be also accessible by keyboard shortcut, for example F5 key, which serves as publish shortcut in many programs.

I'm using Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

Thanks,
Regards
Hrvoje

Bump
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,

1) At the moment variables ca not be used in actions only in logic blocks, this will change in the future.

2) The viewer uses the same P/T/F when going from node to node, so in you example you set the P/T/F for node one in the tour browser, then select the second node and set the P/T/F. Going back to node one you are seeing the last position set from second node. To see the default view you would click the Go To button as this is the actual P/T/F for that node.

4) Thats a bug and will be fixed.

5) Have made a feature request to the dev's.

You have a live preview button in the skin editor to see what your skin will look like as well as being able to change window size to see what it will look like on different screen sizes. However this does not include point hotspots so minimising and publishing would be good. Of course you need to save the skin and then publish before you would see this in the output. It may be the dev's feel that way it is now ensures the save is done first as you need to close the skin first.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Hrvoje

Hi

Tnx for answers.

Regards
Hrvoje

Hello

Any news about having additional "Generate Output" button in skin editor?
Because we still cannot minimize skin editor I need to have it smaller than screen so that I can access Generate Output button in Pano2VR program.
IMHO it would help a lot while developing more complex skin - it would save time needed for additional clicks or window drags.
Clicking "Generate Output" button should save skin 1st and generate output later.

Also in skin editor, 150% zoom option would be handy. 200% zooms in too much.
Ideally: 50 100 150 175 200 300 400. It doesn't take a space and it adds to UI functionality.

Regards
Hopki
Gnome

HI Hrvoje
Just a thought have you considered getting a second monitor?
If your making complex skins then this would be a "No Brainer".
The skin has the preview button so you can see what you have built so far. Its only drawback is you can't see hotspots.
Just a thought,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Hrvoje

Hi Hopki

I have Dell 27'' @2560x1440. So it gives me plenty of UI space. If UI is good.
Pano2VR5 really improved a lot over predecessor but it need to polish its UI.
When I use Skin Editor I don't actually use Pano2VR program except for Generate Output,
so why not implement Generate Output button in Skin Editor as well?
Isn't this much cheaper and energy efficient solution? Think Green :)

Thanks for reply