HTML5 and Chrome

Q&A about the latest versions
sigurd.eliassen

Hi,

I'm having trouble viewing the HTML 5 output in Chrome (and Opera). Firefox works well, but in Chrome I only get a grey background. Skin and links loads and works fine. When opening the HTML locally, i get the message "Image from origin 'file://' has been blocked from loading by Cross-Origin Resource Sharing policy: Invalid response. Origin 'null' is therefore not allowed access."

When uploading to our IIS server I get the same grey background, but with a different outcome in the developer tools/debugger. I notice that the tile images are marked as "html/text", whereas the objects in the skin are marked jpeg or png. Can this be a part of the issue? When opening one of the tile images via the debugger I get a 401 Unauthorized. This is an internal site which is part of our intranet. All this stuff is work related, so unfortunately, I can't link to this page.

I tried uploading the project to my own web hotel, and everything works fine there, also in Chrome. I'm not sure whether this is a server problem or a problem with the source code, or a combination. The fact that it won't run locally may indicate a bug with the code/project as well.

I found several posts about using the "embed XML" function to enable Chrome functionality. I did so, but it didn't do the trick in this case.

I'm using P2VR 5.0beta3a pro 64 bit.

Does anyone have experience with HTML 5 and Chrome? Any input deeply appreciated :)
Attachments
Server 2.jpg
Server 2.jpg (316 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
Server 1.jpg
Server 1.jpg (326.48 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
Local.jpg
Local.jpg (219.47 KiB) Viewed 2966 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
There are local security issues wham opening the HTML page of an HTML5 output directly from the output folder.
This is to do with the browser security and not Pano2VR.

Safari will open files created on the same computer, send the files to someone else and you get the error, the Mac tags its files.
Chrome refuses point blank to open
Firefox does not care and opens the output.

This is why both Object2VR and Pano2VR have built in web servers so you can view your content locally.
The embed XML trick worked for a while, but the browser dev's have got wise to this and now block that too.

As for your type it should be something like image/jpeg.
Get your hosting providers to sort it out.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sigurd.eliassen

Hi Hopki,

thanks for your quick response to this. I will start digging into the web server.

I especially liked the "Firefox does not care" part :)

Regards,

Sigurd
360Texas

Pano2vr and Object2vr web servers setting found here. http://ggnome.com/wiki/Integrated_Web_Server

In your project to view your completed build click on the tool tip marked OPEN OUTPUT

Pano2vr 4.5.3 small blue [monitor] icon
Pano2vr 5.x.x small grey with white arrow > [monitor] icon
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com