swf won't load into movie

Q&A about the latest versions
RichardHC

I was using Pano2QT and loading the movies into a Main Movie. All worked perfectly. I am using CS3 version 9 for the main movie.
I downloaded the Pano2VR Beta 5a, re-did the old movies into new movies. They work fine by themselves, but when I substituted the revised movies for the old ones in my project they would not load!!!!

After doing a bit of research on the forum and the wiki I realized I had to output the new files as Flash 8 to be able to get them to load. So I tried that and they do load but don't seem to be as smooth as Flash9. Flash 9 can also use AS2 and I am wondering if you could set up a communication bridge in the swf file so the movie could load using AS2 but still have the benefits of AS3 rendering in the new pano. Perhaps something like
http://www.gskinner.com/blog/archives/2 ... easie.html?

Richard
Richard Chesher
Noumea New Caledonia
http://www.vanuatu-vacations.com
360Texas

Earlier someone mentioned that in movies created with Flash CS3, that Panoramas created with flash 9 viewer needed to have AS 3 only. Action Script 2 has issues with the Flash 9 viewer ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

The container needs to be of the same or higher version so this would not work. You have to switch to CS3 if you want to load Flash 8 movies.
MfG, Thomas
RichardHC

The container needs to be of the same or higher version so this would not work. You have to switch to CS3 if you want to load Flash 8 movies.
The problem is with Actionscript - I AM using CS3 but CS3 can program in either Actionscript2 or Actionscript3.

The main movie that I want to load into is a CS3 movie but uses Actionscript2. My main movie uses some 2000 buttons with AS2 code. AS2 and AS3 use entirely different codes for even the simplest things - (very inconsiderate on the part of Adobe).

So the question is, can a CS3 movie that has Actionscript 2 code and using the Flash9 standalone player load one of the Pano2VR 2 movies if you use the export Flash 9 settings?

The answer is NO - because the Pano2VR 2 movies use Actionscript 3 and Actionscript 2 does not communicate directly with Actionscript 3.

There may be an answer to this - a "bridge" code - as mentioned in my previous posting. But I am not at all capable in Actionscript 3 and don't know how to set up and use such a bridge.

Another alternative I am going to try is to open the Pano2VR 2 movie in it's own standalone player exe file as a separate window. But this adds a lot to the file size.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working?
Richard Chesher
Noumea New Caledonia
http://www.vanuatu-vacations.com