How to View tour offline?

Q&A about the latest versions
JRumball

How would I go about providing a Pano2VR virtual tour to a client for viewing offline (ie. to view locally on his PC (or Mac) instead of hosting it on a web site)??

Or is this even possible?

Thanks very much.

John
hum@no.id

Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
JRumball

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! :)

I will give that a try.
hum@no.id

I now testing a desktop application. For Win10 - everything is fine.
For OSX10.11 - trouble. How to be if on the client comp configured sec.prefs (as default) like this :roll:
Attachments
sec.png
sec.png (97.27 KiB) Viewed 8441 times
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Hopki
Gnome

You have to right button click and select open.
Sorry its the NWJS project not much we can do :(
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
hum@no.id

Hi Martin

If on client's computer this settings, it is tightly closed. Nobody will change the settings to view a 'noname' application... for personal security reasons :?
resume - NWJS app untenable
Attachments
Untitled-6.png
Untitled-6.png (40.81 KiB) Viewed 8438 times
CBosch

When my client doesn't trust me if I give him a demo or a preview of his project there left one possibility: take the whole folder and double-click the html-file. Flash I don't want to give away, security reasons too. And if that all doesn't work for the client, the question is what the client is willing to do. You can do all and at a certain point the costs went out of every "normal" window...

I think the problem with this issue is, you are "re"creating the app and in this case the original certificate will no longer be valid. But with the folder including all files (I've done it in my last project and made a extra output with no multi-res/medium quality/suggested cube-width and a fixed window-size to keep the folder size extreme small) the customer can see what happens and you have the advantage you can copy it to any OS the customer wants to. And it was small enough to send it by eMail.
Have a nice day

Christian
hum@no.id

CBosch
You will always be able to explain to your customer how to open the tour ( Hopki's tip ) ...
but you will not be able anything do - if a client starts to replicate and distribute this tour on flash drives/cd/dvd's for their potential customers and partners
Hopki
Gnome

Why not put a copyright logo in the middle of the pano in Photoshop?
There is also a feature request for custom watermark text similar to our text when in trial mode.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
CBosch

Oh, I understood the intention was to have one "item" to click on and the show starts. It is not due to copyright but to give it to user which doesn't know what is an html-file...
Have a nice day

Christian
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Christian,
The objective was just to show a tour offline on either PC or Mac.

I just tested the old Flash Tip for packaging on a CD or Memory stick.
The Projector Player 10.3 is no longer on the Adobe page, however after some searching I managed to find it for Win and Mac.
I have attached a zip containing both app and exe.

Produce a a multi node tour with Pano2VR 4 Pro with keeping all the nodes in a single SWF.
In the skin add a fullscreen button, but then make it so it hides in fullscreen and shows in normal screen.
Drag the SWG into the Flash App of exe to open it. Then click File => Create Projector.
This will make a single file with all the nessary files to display the SWF which I might add is contained in the app or exe. So one file.

Of course the app or exe can get a bit large as it contains all the nodes but it still works on the latest Mac OS X and Windows 10.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
Flash Player.zip
(7.66 MiB) Downloaded 234 times
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com