Batch process

Q&A about the latest versions
Bostjan

The Batch process is for my workflow one of the most important and used functions within the Pano2VR. I am with some thousands panoramas each year and my workflow is fully automated. when I create e.g. 10 virtual tours, each with 50-150 panoramas I just drop all p2vr files to batch process window and go outdoor shooting panoramas for another few days ...
As it was mentioned that the batch window most probaby won't come back with V5 please let us now if this is true, so we (I) have time to change the workflow.

Thanks !
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Bostjan,

for the moment we don't have a Batch window, as I think it doesn't fit the new user interface with its current limitations. The Pano2VR V2 batch window was necessary, because we had no tours back then, but since V4 we support those directly and the batch mode only works with single panoramas, which is an ugly limitation... I can not see a good way to do batch conversions with whole tours... how do you do this trick? Maybe we can build something into Pano2VR V5 to help you?
MfG, Thomas
Bostjan

The tours can be more complex, like tour connecting with other tours in other directories or even other servers (not visible for the users)...not necessary all with same skin.... so batch window is necessary when I need to process all tours at once... dropping into the batch window and coming back few hours or days later from expedition or ground work.
Bostjan

And also recreating old tours made with previous versions of Pano2VR would be easier.
jare

And also recreating old tours made with previous versions of Pano2VR would be easier.
I am the same opinion.
hum@no.id

@ Bostjan
I am with some thousands panoramas each year and my workflow is fully automated. when I create e.g. 10 virtual tours, each with 50-150 panoramas I just drop all p2vr files to batch process window and go outdoor shooting panoramas for another few days ...
Where can I see your epic virtual tours? At least one example of several thousand :roll:
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Bostjan

hum@no.id lol ... here is just my website (which is about 1/4) of my panoramas over the internet: http://www.burger.si or its mirror site http://www.mojaslovenija.si/Index.htm

By coincidence I started my City View about a decade before Google even started with its GSV... so there are also a number of panoramas... same with Subterranean View (since 1998): http://www.burger.si/Jame/KriznaJama/20 ... aJama.html ... etc... "epic" enough?

edit: for someone with the curiosity: http://www.burger.si/uvod/nagovor.html
hum@no.id

Hi!...
Thank you, yes, I've seen before, and remembered a series of tours of the cave ...
Really great work!
My irony is the fact that I am always amazed that people can alone fulfill several a thousand panoramas per one year :D

PS
I just know one thing that can not Pano2VR in a project to create a "without nerves" tour of more than 100 panoramas it always is falls, even if you have a very powerful Computer ...
To do this work, need to use a cluster of secret computers "Jet Stark" of Pentagon...
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Bostjan

The trick is (that is why I wish to have a batch window option in future releases) that I am stitching and converting 360° panoramas into 360° surround Photography with "per partes"... usually I am working with 5 graphic stations (right now with 8). At the end of the conversion I just join all the data together.