Autorotation gets faster and faster ?

Q&A about the latest versions
JezUK

Hi,

Pano2VR set to autorotation with a slow speed (.15f/sec) - leave the panorama for a while and when I return to my browser (to see how it's going), the autorotation is spinning way too fast.

How to make Autorotation CONSTANT (and never speed up) ?

Thanks.
360Texas

We set our autorotation to 0.07 and it never speeds up. We are viewing our pano's using Chrome version 44.0.24.03.125m

Are you on a MAC or PC ? What browser and version are you using ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JezUK

No disrespect, but are you absolutely sure it doesn't speed up ?

I left my pano and completely forgot about it, after a long time (let's say hours, it was bouncing back and forth like a yo-yo).

Sure, clients wouldn't necessarily leave a VR for hours, but your autorotation sounds too low for my needs. And the setting I put mine it, after a few minutes you can tell it is speeding up (for no reason).

Besides, I feel the autorotation needs refining - the settings are too general and I'd like some way of overriding it in certain situations (so I've set it off).

For example, I'd like the possibility of Autorotation to only work upon first load of the VR. Once the VR has been taken over by the user and their mouse, I'd like Autorotation never to kick in again. Also, for me, Autorotation for me is problematic when you have info text boxes open and Autorotate takes over, rotating the scene. Again, another reason why I have switched it off.

PS - Google Chrome on PC.
360Texas

Yes, based on our setup for full sphere (360° x180°) panorama using auto-rotate never increases rotation speed.

You panorama must be a partial panorama as ours does not ping-pong. So your setup is different than ours.
Different setup different results.

What browser and version are you using ? We are using up to date (3Aug15) Chrome 44.0.2403.125m

Please provide your URL address so we too look.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
JezUK

http://3dvisuals.co.uk/temp/vr/030815/

I'm not totally happy with the behavior at all because it seems that once I set off an autorotate in my pano, and then stop it myself, given a few seconds, the Pano then goes off into Autorotate mode......

And I didn't tick the checkbox for the Autorotation option in the Pano project file.....
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Guys,
Auto rotate, If you have a toggle auto rotate button in the skin then this activates auto rotation when clicked once.
When you interact with the pano its stops it for the timer out which is default 5 seconds.
If while it is stopped you click the toggle auto rotate button again it will force start the rotation before the 5 seconds.
Only when it is rotating then you click the toggle button will it stop the auto rotation.
Setting Auto rotate in the project file rather than the skin starts the rotation after player loaded or after image loaded.

The skin has three auto rotate actions, Start, Stop and Toggle.
If you have two button graphics you can use the start and stop actions while swopping out the button graphics.
Please see attached skin which is also a component in Pano2VR 5's component tool box.
The start auto rotate button has a speed of 10º/Frame and the delay is set to system default which is 5 seconds.
But you can of course change this in the skin editor.

Regarding speed change, I have managed to reproduce this but only after hiding and showing windows, will be reporting this to the developers.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
autorotate.ggsk.zip
(6.08 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
JezUK

Thanks Hopki,

That's a great explanation and I really appreciate it.

Kindest regards,

Jez
Sepo

We also had an issue with this, and made a post about it here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10047&p=40385#p40385