visual360media

http://www.cookscarriages.co.uk/test_tour.htm

Anyone, thanks.

John Goulding.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wow, this is really odd... maybe try to save the page as plain HTML and try to strip out all the other parts, one at a time, and test if it works then. I have no explanation for this behavior.
MfG, Thomas
visual360media

Oh thanks, will try,
Client is waiting,

:cry:

feel it could be a long day...
Kind regards,

John Goulding
Roy Reed

It's throwing up some strange errors in the W3C validator.

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1 ... t_tour.htm

It seems that some of the tags with a trailing /> (xhtml style) might be causing parsing erros. Maybe getting rid of them will help.
visual360media

Ok, thanks Roy.
I have now cleaned up the page and it validates but still no show
of the movies in IE. I have also been testing on another page here,
http://www.cookscarriages.co.uk/test.htm
slowly stripping out other scripts as i go but it still nothing shows in IE !!
Any help really appreciated anyone !!

( If i work it out i will post back but would love this sorted by end of the day )

Thank you.

John.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

http://www.cookscarriages.co.uk/test.htm

Shows fine in I.E 7.0 full screen worked and everything!

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

Ok, thanks all sorted now, thats why you see it working.

http://www.cookscarriages.co.uk/virtual_tour.htm

A king guy over at on the projectseven.com newsgroup, Ken Ford, (where i buy a lot of widgets and stuff)
gave me this advice,

John,

Try specifying a height other than 95%. So instead of these:

p2q_EmbedFlash('flash_tour/tour_one/tour_one.swf','100%','95%','allowFullScreen','true','FlashVars',flashvars);

p2q_EmbedFlash('flash_tour/tour_two/tour_two.swf','100%','95%','allowFullScreen','true','FlashVars',flashvars);

Try these:

p2q_EmbedFlash('flash_tour/tour_one/tour_one.swf','100%','200','allowFullScreen','true','FlashVars',flashvars);

p2q_EmbedFlash('flash_tour/tour_two/tour_two.swf','100%','200','allowFullScreen','true','FlashVars',flashvars);

--
Ken Ford
Adobe Community Expert - Dreamweaver
Fordwebs, LLC
http://www.fordwebs.com

That seemed to do the trick, so maybe its something Thomas can alter for the next ver,

thanks for all your help everyone and thanks for looking. (I would like the windows higher but guess as they are equirectangular in a fluid page i am stuck eh? )
Kind regards,

John Goulding
visual360media

Just a note, had some reservations initially about this software but as i use use it more and more
I am really glad i chose this product to output my flash tours. It really does have some handy features
built in, and with the skins feature as well it really is a useful piece of kit to have. I recommend it.
Am looking forward to the next release to see what tricks Thomas can come up with.
Thank you.

(had to jump back to pano2qtv to output my sphere thumbnail though or did i miss that in pano2vr)
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

John Goulding wrote: (had to jump back to pano2qtv to output my sphere thumbnail though or did i miss that in pano2vr)
You have the option of thumbnails:
Select from "New Output Format" Quicktime, Flash, Remap/Thumbnail

As for your issue with the I.E display I have never come across this issue before. But why have you chosen 100%, 95% anyway? Why not 100%, 100% I don't see why you wanted to reduce the displayed height?

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

John Goulding wrote:(I would like the windows higher but guess as they are equirectangular in a fluid page i am stuck eh? )
What?

The viewer window can be anything you like. You enter the dimensions in the Settings>Display>Window Size

Maybe I have misunderstood what you are asking? I did wonder why you choose to display the panoramas this way! :shock:

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

This is the screen on my 22" Widescreen at 1680x1050 is this what you intended?

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

Hi Smooth thanks for replying.

Didnt realise there was the excellent thumbnail feature but now i do cheers.

Errr, just did a test page and specified window as 1000 by 768 and sure enough it did output html as,

p2q_EmbedFlash('tour_twotwo.swf','1000','768','allowFullScreen','true','FlashVars',flashvars);

(dont for the life of me know how i got the percentages from prob copied another page from another site)
so not sure what happened there !! Me playin about i expect, dont know.

Yes, i wanted the size as above so it looks ok full screen and yes, i did want the views to show as they are, and the user can easily click the
fullscreen button cant they? It looks ok doesnt it?
Thanks for your help, am slowly findin my way around and look forward to doin more in flash, thanks again. (think they are a little higher now so look better but di d want both on page and think they look ok on your 22 incher !)
Kind regards,

John Goulding
smooth

Hi John,

Mate, they is no right or wrong way to display I suppose. People just have preferences.
At high screen resolutions I would have expected all the page to be on the screen without scroll bars, but that's just my opinion.

Glad to see your progress.

Regards, Smooth 8)
visual360media

Hi Smooth. Looking at your screen shot you mean vertical bars not horizontal, which i dont think
is a problem. The page is built as a fluid page, but i suppose what you are sayin is make the image
windows smaller? Not sure the reason.
Stats say most with monitors your size dont view sites full screen rather have it in smaller window
so you will still have scroll bars anyway. Thnks for your help and views.
Cheers, John.
Kind regards,

John Goulding
Roy Reed

John Goulding wrote:Stats say most with monitors your size dont view sites full screen rather have it in smaller window
so you will still have scroll bars anyway.
AFAIK there's no way to detect whether a browser is open full screen or what size it is opened to if it isn't. The only thing that's detectable is screen size which is becoming more and more meaningless.