Return to Horizon confusion

Q&A about the latest versions
thatkeith

The Return to Horizon control is rather confusing. What does that field actually set? It seems that the higher the value the faster the effect. It *looks* like it's setting the number of seconds, so I had assumed the behaviour would be the opposite.
thatkeith

It would also be *very* useful to be able to set a non-horizon 'return to' point. For example, this: http://www.panoramaphotographer.com/ual/2015/csm/ would work much better if it returned to 10 or 15 degrees below the actual horizon, and many others of mine are the same.

k
360Texas

Actually return to the horizon is a known location on the panorama as 50% of the image height down from the top and 50% up from the bottom. Purpose of Return to the Horizon is after few seconds of no mouse or tap activity who has just zoomed far too much in and tilted down to the nadir (bottom) to recover back to the horizon and start normal auto rotation. This gives the visitor another great opportunity to see that GREAT scene as you saw through your view finder.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Keith,
Yeah, it does look confusing but Iv aways know it as degrees/frames per second the same as rotation.
So the higher the number the faster it moves.
I think its missing the ° in front of the seconds S.
I make a note of it to the dev's.

Ill also make a note of being able to set the tilt.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
360Texas

And a minus sign or -0.07 is left rotation and positive value 0.07 is right rotation.
Would be nice to show next to the value.

Rotate right >> default or << [ ] left selection box
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
thatkeith

360Texas wrote:This gives the visitor another great opportunity to see that GREAT scene as you saw through your view finder.
Heh. Yes. But often the actual *great* part of the scene isn't literally straight ahead, it's angled lower down – or maybe further up. :)

k
360Texas

I suspect you could with Ver 5.0 connect all to the new feature 'time line' but I don't think it connected to the Return to the Horizon.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com