Patch Tool Issue V5

Q&A about the latest versions
Peter Stephens

Hello,

I've just used the patch feature in the new software on a spherical gigapixel image, when I converted the patch back into the equi it messed up the original image (see attached). Ok yes, perhaps I should have saved it as a new file but I didn't think about it as it's always worked fine before. Fortunately I've outputted the interactive image before this happened, as I spent a lot of time creating the equi - which is now ruined :-(

Something you might want to look into.........

Peter
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (371.65 KiB) Viewed 3651 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Pete,
This is a bit odd, can you check your Image Cache Location/scratch drive as this smacks of a memory issue.
As you probably appreciate we have tested with many giga pixel images even full multi node tours as well as patching.

However a few things to note, when you use convert it changes the output name by default, so your wring to a new file, not trying to read and write to the same file at the same time.
I know this does actually work in V4 and in V5 but still not something I would do.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Peter Stephens

I've not setup the scratch drive that I usually use as I had only just installed the software. Though I was working from a solid state drive with over 80gb free. File size of the image is 8.25gb.

Ok I understand the reason for writing a new file now, didn't think it would be reading and writing to it at the same time.... perhaps that was the issue? I've never had a problem doing that before.

I've just uploaded the image, you can view it here if you're interested - http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/gigapixe ... summit.php

Peter
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Pete,
Nice one, you'll have to give a go with animation :-)
Also when you saved was the image full loaded?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Peter Stephens

Animation ? I've not had time to look at any of the new features yet.

Yes it was fully loaded to my knowledge. I had just produced the interactive image, and then I converted the patched image back into the equi - which is when the file corrupted.

Peter
Hopki
Gnome

Sounds like temp location, but still I would not save to the same file, id let it make a new one then if it blows up you still have the original file.
You can aways delete the original file once its finished.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
stalwart

Peter Stephens wrote:I spent a lot of time creating the equi - which is now ruined :-(
Hi Pete,

I thought your new machine chewed through gigapixels without breaking into a sweat....??! I haven't quite taken the "plunge" yet, still falling back to 4.5.3 until I get my licence sorted.....
Peter Stephens

Quite a lot of photoshop work :-( The PC was finished with it within 10 minutes or so.