P2VR 5 - Video Support

Q&A about the latest versions
Exposición

Hi,

will P2VR5 support vr video? If yes, what type of video is suppoirted for input? What will the output format be (flash, html5,...)? Thanks!
hum@no.id

Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Exposición

Thanks Gumir, but i mean spherical (VR) video, not converting a 360 in a flat video...
hum@no.id

As far as I know (but I could be wrong) - is not currently supported
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
Hopki
Gnome

If you look under the input image section V5 will let you add a panoramic video for that node.
This is using webGL with no plugins or apps so if the browser supports it you see the video, if not you see the still image. You can also set what happens after the video. So possible to use a video panorama as a transistion between images. An example would be have a still image and when you click a hotspot it then shows the panoramic video of someone walking to and opening a door. Then the next pano would load.
The input is still 3:2 format but under tools there is a video wizard to convert.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Ho, and forgot to say, you can run the still image through the animation tool, then when the video plays you see the animation.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Exposición

Thanks Hopki for your reply!
This is very interesting but i'm afraid, i did not understand everything corectly... Can you explain what happens exactly in step 1, 2 and 3 in the video wizard, please?

I have some hundreds of equirectangular images (sequence), not a video file. Means that i can skip step1? So i can go directly to step 2 and choose the folder with my equirects under "converted images folder"? Which cube face size can i use? Is there a maximum limit for the panoramic video playpack?
What file type does the video wizard create? MOV? This seems the only one i can choose as a source for my node...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
This is the video wizards first outing so for now it requires an input video.

To do this you need to turn your image sequence in to a video.
You can use Photoshop to do this. Then you can run this through the video wizard from step 1.

In time you can just go to step 2 and convert your images then make the video but for now you need to do the above.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Exposición

Ok, thanks!
My equirectangular images have around 12000px on the long side. I think i have to shrink it for a panoramic video?! What about the maximum tile size in the video wizard?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
12K x 6K are ok.
That gives you 3K cube faces using default settings.
This should be fine, when the wizard is fixed then you should be able to start the process at point 1 or 2.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
Exposición

Thanks, Hopki!
Exposición

Now i have rendered a 3by2 panoramic video using the video wizard. Semms to work fin, the resulting file is a mp4. Only vlc player is able to playback, this is a litle bit strange...

Now i don't know how to integrate the video in my project. Under the input tab there is no 3by2 video setting like pano2vr 4! So i cannot load it instead of an usual equirectangular image. If i load it in the input video file section, it works. But i cannot output my project.
If i load a equrectangular image AND my video (in the input video file section) the output works but i only see the first frame of the video and no play button!

Many questions... is there a tutorial about using panoramic video with p2vr5?
360Texas

Have you have seen this.... 5.0 tutorial "Video Wizard"

http://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/video-wizard/
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Exposición

Thanks for the link, but creating the panoramic video is not the problem. I don't know how to integrate it as a node into my tour.... :(
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Under properties fro the input you see where you input the still image, then the next block down is Input Video.
You need to have a still image in first. The reason for this is Pano2VR uses WebGL to display the video, so if the browser does not support this the still image is displayed in its place.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com