Version 5 crashing

Q&A about the latest versions
rsmkns

Hello. Just upgraded to version 5 (beta) - standard, not pro edition.

When I try to edit an existing skin it repeatedly crashes. I have been using this skin in v. 4.5 and no problems. I have attached the skin below.

Ron
VWP_Tour.ggsk
Skin crashes with v. 5
(103 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
360Texas

Are you using MAC or Windows version ?

Crashing means different things . What are you doing just before the crash ? Err messages ?? Need more information please.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
rsmkns

I am using a Mac, and the program shuts down (the computer remains fine). It happens with all the existing skins that I try to edit. There are no error messages, other than the mac message that the program has unexpectedly shut down. This happens as soon as I select the edit existing skins button next to the generate output button. It happens when it is the first thing I do when opening a project, or at any time during the work process. I have yet to be able to edit any existing skin.

New information: The problem seems to be in using projects saved in v. 4.5. When I start with a new project, I can edit the existing skins. But when I begin with an existing (4.5 version) project, editing the skin shuts the app down.

Ron
360Texas

Thanks for your information. I think all the GGS folks are in Prague right now. I did pass your information to them on SKYPE just now.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
rsmkns

I think I have a little more clarity on reproducing the shutdown. It happens after the panorama has already loaded (which is loaded first thing on existing projects). With no panorama loaded, I can edit the skin. Once the panorama is loaded, the editing the existing skin shuts the app down.

Ron
360Texas

Thanks Ron,
On Skype I posted this comment thread URL. This way they can go directly and read through the comments.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hello Ron,
rsmkns wrote:Hello. Just upgraded to version 5 (beta) - standard, not pro edition.

When I try to edit an existing skin it repeatedly crashes. I have been using this skin in v. 4.5 and no problems. I have attached the skin below.
could it be the images that cause the crash? We have found a bug, that crashes Pano2VR if the size of the equirectangular is close to ~4097, ~8193, ~16385, etc. It should go away if you change the size. I already fixed this bug, so the next beta will not crash on this.
MfG, Thomas
rsmkns

The images I work with are generally 6000 by 3000. I have had some success in getting it to work. Edited the existing skin, then loaded the image. Then when I go back to the skin, there is no problem. I have had more problem with the js player for HTML5. Full screen sometimes freezes or moves very, very, very slowly, then suddenly jumps. Very choppy movement. The movement is good when I replace with the 4.5 js player.

I also cannot seem to get the transitions to work, again in HTML5 (I assume that I don't need the pro to do this?). I haven't worked much on these, so it might be my problem.
Last edited by rsmkns on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jare

The same problem with program crash when trying to edit skin from existing project. Win7/64. Equi 16000*8000px.
Open and edit the skin is possible from a blank project.

UPD: When I removed all tags from my project, then the skin editor became available and worked as it should. Setting the tags again and click the skin icon causes the crash again.
Hopki
Gnome

Ok, Thanks Jare, will let the Devs know.
Just to confirm, tags from user data or from Node markers in the skin?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jare,
Im struggling to reproduce this.
Are you referring to Finder Tags or Tags in the user data?
If just tags in the userdata then can you send me your skin and then tell me where you add the tag to cause the crash.
Regards,
Martin
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/