403 Forbidden go to index

Q&A about the latest versions
besseas

Hello,
This message appear every time we tried to create a panorama.
How can we fix it?
Thanks
besseas

is this forum visited by some support guy or not?
besseas wrote:Hello,
This message appear every time we tried to create a panorama.
How can we fix it?
Thanks
Roy Reed

Patience - they're probably all at IVRPA in Prague until 4 June.
360Texas

You might be referring to the Integrated Web Server. Try visiting this page

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Integrated_Web_Server
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
besseas

Roy Reed wrote:Patience - they're probably all at IVRPA in Prague until 4 June.
Well, we are talking about a commercial software not a freeware.
The pro version cost quite a lot, so you expect to have a support that match the price.
Personally, I"m looking to upgrade to the pro V5, but it will be useless if the support takes forever.

Compare with software like Vray from chaos group, I can tell you that the ratio software/price/support performance is really bad on Garden gnome software.
besseas

360Texas wrote:You might be referring to the Integrated Web Server. Try visiting this page

http://ggnome.com/wiki/Integrated_Web_Server
Thanks but It doesn't solve the issue at all.
360Texas

You did not provide meaningful information to be able to immediately develop a useful reply. So you are asking us to provide a specific solution. So we are going to provide a lot guess work here.

Have you tried to rename your index.html back to projectfilename.html and retry. Typically index.html assumes that your project is already on your internet server web site. And you are probably trying to look at it on your local machine.

What operating system are you using ? iOS, Windows, or other flavor?

A typical 403 Err is a Web Server error message as explained here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/245142 It essentially means you were trying to create your project using a path leading to a folder and file that you do not have browser or OS system permission to access.

Some browser are not able to look back at your hard drive location. Say you already created your project /Output folder and the support files set on your hard drive. Now you use your browser FILE /browse to your /output folder and click the .html file to open in your browser. Your browser will probably issue a 403 error. OLDER browsers use to be able to look back on your hard drive and look at html files. Newer browsers like IE 11, Chrome 43, and others will not let you do this process.

After you create your project... and the /output folder has been created you can click on the Output dialog box small blue Monitor icon for FLASH or HTML5 type. It will start the integrated server and display your project panoramas.

You probably already knew this, but Pano2vr also has an "integrated web server" used for testing your project. Sometimes it is necessary to manually turn it on. That is why I posted the link to the tutorial documentation. If yours is not enabled, you would have to manually turn it on. THEN return to your project and retry small blue Monitor icon for FLASH or HTML5 type.

Also you might take advantage of freely searching GGS softwares SELF HELP online documentation OR do a Forum Search. Possibly other forum members have already encountered and resolved this issue.

Again hope this helps even though alot of it is only guess work due to us not know what you have already completed.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
besseas

thanks for the link.
the problem as been solve. Every single file must be into one single folder.
That's not going to be easy to manage it once you have a tour with several hotspot and lighting variation (like day and night or different colors).
I never face such constraint in V3.
360Texas

When creating your panorama with Pano2vr 4.5 and newer it creates a folder called /output in your current project folder automatically. Then all the required files are in 1 location for uploading to your server.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

Or try open another index.html.
with this code

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>
test page
</body>
</html>
And tell us about his attempt here :)
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
besseas

hum@no.id wrote:Or try open another index.html.
with this code

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>
test page
</body>
</html>
And tell us about his attempt here :)
thanks, but I have no idea of where this code should go.
I was thinking that the main asset of Pano2VR is to get it works without looking under the hood!
hum@no.id

So I changed the settings on server in the file .htaccess.
Now ...
It does not allow - http://gumirj.com/projects/pano2vr5dl2/ (without "index.html" in URL)
this allow - http://gumirj.com/projects/pano2vr5dl2/index.html

In fact, we do not know that you are there open - which system - under which conditions, etc.

because "clairvoyants" and "psychics" is now on leave
Gumir J | VR Panoramic Photographer | mobile: +77055717171 | skype: gumirj
website: gumirj.com | google.com/+gumirj | facebook.com/gumirj | twitter.com/gumirj
360Texas

With Pano2vr 4.5.3 the output .html file is not a responsive page
I think now with Pano2vr 5.0 the output.html file IS designed to be a responsive page. Means now the html page will scale properly to the size of the device screen.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I have respond to your e-mail and now understand your comment after reading this thread.
The forum is for the community to help each other and and yes we do look in from time to time, well most times acutely, however as stated in our FAQ, if your problem is unresolved then e-mail support@ggnome.com as you did in the end.
I write this so others can see the process, FAQ.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/