Tooltip position mousex

Q&A about the latest versions
phoenix

Hi,

I am currently working with my students on a virtual tour of our city. The desktop version is running fine, but we got some problems with the mobile version, since the mouse over actions don't work very well with touch. We want to display information textboxes (hotspots) and switched to mouse click instead of mouse over for the mobile version. Is it possible to set the position of the textbox to the position of the mouse? I know that I can use the modifiers to get the textbox to move with the mouse but thats not what I want. The skin action mouse click -> set position -> offset mousex doesn't seem to work. Do I miss something?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi phoenix,
In this situation I would use a standard hotspot template and text box as a child of it.
The hotspot image can have a set text action to the text box as well as making it visible. You can then give the text box a close button.
The text can be stored in the hotspot editor's target text field and using HTML formatting.
This means you can can different text per hotspot.
The trick here is that the action to open the text box and set its text must be in the hotspot image rather then the hotspot template.
Please find a project attached.

==EDIT==
Add 3D distortion to the Hotspot Template. if the text is too small, just pinch zoom :D

Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
text.zip
(109.54 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
phoenix

Hi Hopki,

thanks for your input. This seems to work, but isn't exactly what we are looking for. We are working with hotspot proxies and textboxes as described in http://ggnome.com/wiki/Adding_Hotspots_%28Pano2VR%29. One problem with your solution is, that the text has to be entered in the hotspot editor and not the skin; we are using the same text in different locations so this seems complicated. I am simply looking for a way to link the textboxes in the skin to the position of the hotspot or the mouse pointer. Any input on this? Thanks.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Remove the mouse click set text, $ht action found in the hsimage element.
Remove the mouse click set text, action found in the SVG1 close button.
Add you text to the Text Box element.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
phoenix

Thanks Hopki,

but how can I add different texts for different hotspots?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Ok how hotspot tool tips work is the text box reads the title entered in the title text box in the hotspot editor.
The actual text box in the skin has the place holder $hs, which reads the title text and displays it on mouse hover.
This requires you to add the text in the title for each hotspot.

My project added text to both the title and target text boxes in the hotspot editor and used the place holders $hs for the hotspot tool tip and $ht for the popup body text in the skin editor.

If you want to have static text then this will appear in every hotspot.
Or you can use the skin-id and have different hotspots in the skin each with their own hotspot image and text, or same image and different text.

As an example:
Add a hotspot template and give it the ID hs_01. Add your image and text and actions.
Copy and paste it so you now have two, change the ID to hs_02 and change the text in the text box. Keep doing this for as many hotspots as you need.
Now in the hotspot editor place your point hotspot and in text field Skin ID, set the hotspot template that will be used for this location, example hs_02.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
phoenix

Thanks again Hopki,

this is working, but I was hoping for a simpler solution. It's a little complicated, that we now need a lot of different hotspots in the skin editor, whereas we only needed one before. I guess it's not possible to set the coordinates of a textbox to the coordinates where the mouse clicks?
Another thing I don't understand fully:
If I add a hotspot template, image and a textbox the only action which seems to be working for the textbox is triggered by the image. For example if I set the alpha of the textbox to 0 and I place a object somewhere in my panorama with the action: mouse click -> set alpha 1 -> target textbos the box doesn't appear.