Persistent quality issues

Q&A about the latest versions
ffurger

I have had the following issue for a very long time, though it seems to crop up only occasionally. I always thought the problem was with my foots or my panoramas, but I have just discovered that that is probably not the case.

Specifically: I used the same pano prtoduced by PTGui to generate to sites, one with PTGui itself and the other with Pano2VR. To compare the results I took 2 screenshots of each site, one without zooming and the other with zooming.

I have attached the screenshots. The differences are impressive, to me at least. In neither case I used Flash. So far, and despite many efforts, using pano2VR I haven't been able to improve the quality of site generated by pano2VR. As I said, both site have been produced using the exact same panorama.

Your suggestions are very much appreciated!

-Franco
pano2VR - 2.png
pano2VR - 2.png (526.63 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
pano2VR - 1.png
pano2VR - 1.png (540.6 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
PTGui - 2.png
PTGui - 2.png (536.11 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
PTGui - 1.png
PTGui - 1.png (752.71 KiB) Viewed 4670 times
JimWatters

Looks like you have the compressions set very different between the two examples.
Would like to see the project to know for sure.
What is the input panorama size? What is your compression setting? What size are you outputting at? Are you using multiresolution?
What are your settings in PTGui?
ffurger

What is the input panorama size?
-> 28'000 x 2300 in both cases

What is your compression setting?
-> In pano2VR the Image quality is set to 90%.

What size are you outputting at?
-> Same as the input size, i.e. 2300 x 28'000.

Are you using multi resolution?
-> Nope.

What are your settings in PTGui?
->If you mean the settings for the output panorama, I didn't change the defaults used by PTGui: jpeg quality 95%, resolution "automatic".
ffurger

Just a quick note: I increased the image quality in pano2VR to 95%, left everything else unchanged. There is a small improvement, but not by much. See attachment.
Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 15.52.19.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 15.52.19.png (721.3 KiB) Viewed 4657 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
As Jim asked, until we see your settings it will be hard to advise.
Recap, input image size, are you using single resolution or multi resolution? If single whats your cube face size?
If multi resolution what are your levels?

May be easier to list your image size then do screen shots of all the Flash outputs tabs, Settings, Visuals, Advanced Settings, Multiresolution and HTML.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/