floor map, pins moving

Q&A about the latest versions
Marcus

Hi there,

With Pano2vr7 (material-dart, no skin changes) I've created a simple tour and experimented with a floor plan. The floor plan is actually an image of a map.
I've dropped all the nodes onto the image, and set up their north.

It looks good in the Tour browser, but when ouput, the pins have all been shunted downwards and out of place - please see images.

Have not used any geotagging, simply placed the nodes. Have I missed a setting / step somewhere?

Thanks
Marc

tour-browser.jpg
tour-browser.jpg (31.8 KiB) Viewed 941 times
output.jpg
output.jpg (19.02 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Have a look at the Clone as marker image position anchoring as found in the Map element properties.
Also make sure your map pin image does not have large transparent borders.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Marcus

Hi Hopki,

At the time of posting the issue, I hadn't edited the material_dart skin, the defaults were being used. I hadn't changed the map pin icon either. I've taken a screenshot of the floorpan & map_pin properties and attached.

(Note - since posting the issue, I have edited a couple of properties : Pin Order to "Top - bottom", and reduced the radar size).
floorplan.jpg
floorplan.jpg (16.82 KiB) Viewed 934 times
map-pin.jpg
map-pin.jpg (16.47 KiB) Viewed 934 times

Are there any other properties I can investigate?

Many thanks
Marc
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Marc,
They should be all you need.
Try setting the map pin image Alignment to the bottom middle.
Can you post your map pin image?
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
Marcus

Hi Hopki,

It's the default map-pin svg for the material-dart skin. I've attached an image of the tree. From the skin editor, I cannot see how to verify the actual file name of the svg, so I assume it's selected directly from the material icon pack?
map-pin.jpg
map-pin.jpg (5.45 KiB) Viewed 909 times
Thanks
Marc
Marcus

Hi Hopki,

Initially I added all the nodes, then the node hotspots. Then I added the floorpan, and dragged all the nodes onto the map and adjusted the radar direction on each node. I.e. the nodes were linked before adding them to the floor plan.

I thought, maybe, the wandering pin issue was due to me linking the nodes before adding to the floor plan. So I deleted the floor plan, and tried both ways (a) linking the nodes before adding to the floor plan (b) linking the nodes through the floor plan panel (automatic closest nodes). Know what ... on both occasions, the map-pins on the output were displayed correctly?

Really not sure what the issue was, but I cannot reproduce it. I should have just deleted the original floor plan in the first place, and re-created it.

The floor plan is now working as expected. I'll keep an eye out the next time I use a map, and get back to you if it re-occurs. Apologies for wasting your "Sunday" time.
Marc
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the feedback, this did sound a bit odd, may have been just one of those things.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com