transition effect

Q&A about the latest versions
wking10

Hi,
I've been playing around with transition effects in Pano2VR but cannot seem to get the effect I like to see.
"Before: Zoom In" and "After: Zoom In" are ideal when the entry point to the next scene is in the center of our current point of view.
I am hoping to see the transition to next scene (the zoom in direction) is relative to our point of view when we are clicking the button to go to that scene.

You will see that the direction you approach the booth is relative to your current view. And when you are brought to the scene, the angle you are viewing it now is the same as the angle before you are entering this scene.
Hope that make sense, and really hope this can be achieved with Pano2VR.
thanks.
Last edited by wking10 on Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idocio

A very cool project!
You have used this component for the floor, right?
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15705

But I would like to know how you have made the effect of movement when you approach the edges of the window?

Thank you
wking10

Actually that was not my project, and I assumed it's not created with Pano2VR. Just wonder if there's a way to achieve that movement with Pano2VR.
wking10

any idea? anyone?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
With V6 you have versus settings, you can change which all made a difference to the overall effect.
Please see: https://ggnome.com/doc/output-html5/#transitions
I tend to go with these settings:

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 10.13.18.png
Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 10.13.18.png (39.41 KiB) Viewed 2279 times

What this gives me is a slight zoom to the hotspot while changing nodes and then into the final FoV of the second node.
If the panoramas are a few meters apart this gives the sense of moving forward.

When you see really nice transitions, note the nodes are quite close together to enhance the effect, and of course, with something like Matterport they are using CGI so you can move in space a little before the transition.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Idocio

And is there a way to make the effect of slight panning when the cursor is at the edges of the window?
wking10

hi Martin,
Thanks for your reply.
I am sure we can play around with the zooming in/out and the FoV. What puzzled me is how they maintain the angle (point of view) before and after approaching the next node. If you click a hotspot while looking at it from side-view, you will arrive to the node also side-view.
I know the virtual tour is built with 3DVista, which achieves above effects with their feature called Smart Entry. Out of curiosity I actually tested it with my existing pano images, and the effects worked straight away within few clicks.
So it is not any kind of Matterport's special camera or CGI.
Sorry, not trying to comparing two different products. I just like Pano2VR very much and am still constantly amazed with what it can do. Most of the time I found Pano2VR always has smart ways to do something others can. Maybe with this particular transition, too.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Ahhh, ok understand now.
It is a nice effect so we will add it as a feature request.
Currently the next opening node opens face on and not from an angle.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
wking10

Great to hear, Martin.
Looking forward to it. In the meanwhile, if anyone has any smart trick to achieve similar effect it will be very welcomed too