Content Scaling

Q&A about the latest versions
Isaac Brown

Hi,
I have a question about Content Scaling. This is a great addition to the skin, something that I was hoping to be implemented into Pano2VR for quite some time.

Are there any plans add this feature to skin image elements rather than it be limited to just external images?

Thanks!
Isaac / IBCreative
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
There is a feature request to lock aspect ratio but for now, just add the image to the assets as found under the advanced tab of Apno2VR 6.
Then use the external loader with URL: assets/yourimage.jpg as an example.
This has the advantage that you can keep the image unloaded until needed and why we did this.
Any images in the skin will get loaded on as soon as you open the tour.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Isaac Brown

Thanks for the reply Hopki,
Your solution above by using the assets folder is what I am currently doing, thanks for explaining why you have kept this external to the skin due to loading etc, makes perfect sense.

No idea how hard this would be or if it would even be possible, but using an image preview for an external image in the skin (instead of the grey tiles globe pattern) would be a perfect solution for me.

But hey, this work around works! so thanks.
Isaac / IBCreative
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
The external loader can load any of the supported images that the URL points to so the same loader can load many different images.
To this end, it can not display a thumbnail in the skin canvas.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Isaac Brown

Thanks for clarifying Hopki.

Kind Regards
Isaac / IBCreative