Personal Pleasure

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
meriweather

I don't create panoramas on a professional level but I do it just for my own personal pleasure. But I would still like to get some feed back on what I have done so far.

http://meriweather.com/360panos/
Jerome
meriweather.com
360Texas

Constructive comments.

Well, you certainly have accomplished the pano2vr technique.
Color, lighting and setup location all appear well managed.

Image sharpness might be revisited. Some of this might be caused by small jpg images being displayed large. Would not use 8 bit .jpeg imaging due to artifact introduction after several 'saves' and pixel color depth. Or maybe you already shoot RAW converted to 16 bit TIF then stitched and purposely add a Photoshop blur for the internet use.

What camera/ lens and image software you are using ? How many images do you take for the panorama ?
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
meriweather

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't shoot the first two panos. I used other peoples images to create those tours.
Everything else I shot with a Nikon D80 with a 10.5mm lens. A 360 Precision Absolute Head and a Manfrotto Tripod, Leveling Head and Horizontal Grip. I use PTgui, Photoshop and of course Pano2VR 4.5 Beta. I also have Flashificator, but I really don't understand or like that interface, yet.

My images aren't very big, about 5 mb in size 2592x3872, and even those get reduced down to a 1 mb equirectangular. I wanted to concentrate on learning the software first, reasoning that I can increase the size at anytime. Though I do have a 50 mb 5000x2500 equirectangular of that Hoosier Gym.
Jerome
meriweather.com
360Texas

Your Nikkor 10.5 has one of the best MFT lab curve data test results. Both curves are up in the .9 (scale .1 - 1.0) EXCELLENT Performance range.
Have not checked the Canon 8 - 15mm MFT's lately.

Ok now that you have the pano2vr work flow .. then perhaps you might consider shooting RAW. Then convert to TIF 16 bit for color depth. PTGui stitch and output to say 6000 x 3000 (2:1 ratio) spherical output 16 Bit TIF. Have seen 8000 x 4000 and 10,000 x 5000 but that gets to a point where you have very large file sizes. In Photoshop you can improve the images sharpening using Smart sharpening tool as last step in process.

Then load your 16bit images into Pano2vr for post processing. In Pano2vr there is a way to get a 100+ mb input down to 2mb flash by tweaking the settings. We get them down to between 1.8 and 2.0mb. Determining the cube face size we use the image width (6000) / 3.1415 pi = 1909.0 or 1910 pixels cube face size. After that is a matter of adjusting individual cube face % compression versus cube face dimensions to get file size down to 1.8mb.

You probably already know its necessary to have ALL the image data (means 16bit and max image size RAW) to start with as you can always step down. Can't start with a small image and expect to get high quality imaging just by scaling the image up.

Dave
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
meriweather

Yeah, I need to start doing more shooting., but that's not going to happen until this weather gets warmer. Then I'll take the equipment out and start increasing my image quality.

Thanks for the comments and hints.
Jerome
meriweather.com