Virtual Tours Page in my website

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
Lucaliuk

Hi everyone,
I finally completed the virtual tours page in my website. :D 8)

http://www.lucaplacido.com/Virtual%20To ... _tours.htm

I would like have from you comments and reviews.

Thank you
Luca

ps.
The entire website is only in Italian (except something in French), but a virtual tour is worth a thousand words. :mrgreen:
Bostjan

I have passed the Madeira. I like the idea of the inteactive island relief. I would suggest you to not oversharp the panos. Smooth images are just fine, sharpening or oversharpenig is irritating. If your lense it too soft cou can check the F setinggs where the lense is the sharpest or just leave the image as it is and don't bother with sharpening. I did same mistake with overharpening in the past but found out that is better to get good lense or just leave the image as it was taken.
Lucaliuk

Hi Botsjan and thank you for the reply.
The problem is not the lens (in static picture it's very good), and I think it's only indirectly an issue of sharpening.
The effect that you call oversharp, (and is actually very annoying :( ) I think it depends from the resolution you see the pictures and the different resolutions set in the swf.
The swf file is set up with a multi-resolution of 1000px and 2000px.
I have a monitor set to 1600x1050px and with this resolution, the swf loads (I think) the 2000px resolution (1000px passed the switch bias of 0,4). But 2000px there are too many and I also see it with aliasing :( .
If I approach a bit, the picture is perfect and remains good even when I get close to the maximum.
Probably if I left soft the original image, the oversharp would not at the intermediate resolutions, but the disadvantage would be to have a very soft image when I approach a bit with the zoom. On the other hand it is impossible to know what resolution the people will see the virtual tour.
This problem should be solved just by multiresolution, but even if I had a better than before, I am left with the problem of aliasing at the intermediate resolution (in this case between 1000px and 2000px).
Surely I am setting something incorrectly (resolutions, the switch bias, interpolation filter, etc.) and if you have any suggestions for me to reduce the "oversharp effect" without too soft images when I zoom in...I would be grateful. :)
Indeed ... Some tours have more problems than other ... probably the sharpening has more guilt than I thought. :oops:
Will still try to do some more experiments with more smooth images.

I hope that my (bad) English is understandable.

Luca
Lucaliuk

I did some tests, and indeed a good part of the problem depends on the sharpening.
Botsja, obviously you were right. :oops: :mrgreen:
However, even with the no sharp original image, when the tour is displayed at a "wrong" resolution, the aliasing effect becomes evident. :x
In this condition (intermediate resolution) the "aliasing effect" is exacerbated by the presence of sharpening.

If somebody have the final solution...

Bye
Luca