First Paid Job

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
FFHamilton

Well here it is! I'm not happy with it but none the less it's done. Any suggestions would be great. I've made another post about this but I'm not happy with the flash. It's very choppy, I've tried every setting I can think of, has anyone had a similar problem?

http://www.virtualgta.com/48%20Dorchest ... rooma.html

FFHamilton
dlgreene

I have the same problem with the Flash... I eventually just turned off the auto spin for flash because of it.

It's something to do with "frame rate/fps" I think but, I don't know. I am reading here for an answer... You may have already heard back from someone but, the answer is still not up here yet.... At least I haven't found it.
FFHamilton

No nothing posted yet. I've even been looking for another application that does the same job... but for a reasonable price.

Let me know if you come up with anything!!!
thomas
Chief Gnome

Some things that help are change the quality to something smaller and to turn on "dynamic stage rendering". I am working on a Flash 9 version that will also be smoother. Give me 2-3 month to release this version.
MfG, Thomas
dlgreene

Thanks- I tried it and it did seem to help some...

However when I used autoplay I remembered why I turned it off. Flash seems to "overtake" the thread or dog everything in IE. Clearly I have no idea whether or not it's running or not running in a background thread but, IE is very sluggish as if this were true.

I don't think this is due to JavaScript no JavaScript "Flash Satay" or whatever. I have noticed this in a wide range of the Flash VRs. It does appear to be for only Flash VR. Although I haven't and don't usually have any reason to view videos so it could be true for flash videos as well.

When I say sluggish I mean really bad. View Source won't come up for over 1 minute. So bad that on a couple of sites I had to use Task Manager->end program just to get out of it.
360Texas

Does your computer have a reasonably fast CPU... and sufficient RAM like 2gb+/-. Does your Video card have its own CPU and at least 128mb onboard [not shared] ram? Just might be your system.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
dlgreene

Yes, Yes, and Yes... Although I do hope you are not suggesting that all my visitors are required to spend over $10,000.00 on their computer in order to view autorotate flash VRs?

I've been doing quite a bit of experimentation and so far the JavaScript option seems to work... (I'm depressed) where as the Gillay or Satay method MIGHT be the problem. Although...

This problem only shows itself with autospin and Flash... On my machine... today. I say that only because I have read threads at Adobe that seem to point to the possibility the length of time of use may also cause the problem. Also I think that the originator of this thread is using JavaScript?

Actually, from what I have read it's Mac, Win, Firefox, IE, and any number of other non Flash items that are the problem.

Also previous message about focus is COMPLETLY WRONG! Sorry.
FFHamilton

Yes I'm running a current Macbook Pro C2D with 4gb of ram and an 8600gt gtaphics card with 128mb of dedicated memory. And yes my tours are still choppy... not matter how I change the settings. I have found some other software that uses Java which is very smooth but I like the ease of dragging one file onto my web page and uploading it.

But my clients are starting to complain after seeing other tours that are seamless and smooth.

Here's a current tour http://www.virtualgta.com/27tweedle/kitchena.html

I use realviz for my QTVR now because it's really fast and it has an auto rotate feature.

I hope when pano2qtvr updates to flash 9 the problem is solved... also drooling over the rumour of a mac release!

and I'm using flash not java script!

FFHamilton
thomas
Chief Gnome

Just visit this website in 10 days ... and you may see a difference and your problems may be solved... ;)
MfG, Thomas
FFHamilton

WOW THAT'S GREAT! I can hardly wait, this will really cut down on my work flow!

Thanks Thomas, I'm looking forward to it!