Helicopter VR

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
Peter Stephens

Hi,

I've not visited this forum for a while, thought I would post a link to some resent work.

Here's 3 shots inside the Devon Air Ambulance Helicopter with some red buttons which will fit in with the clients website.

http://www.peterstephens.co.uk/interact ... ockpit.php

Not perfect as the camera was a little close to some of the controls etc... The copter could have been called out at any point so worked quickly to shoot them. The cockpit VR is made up of 91 photos, for lens flare control and HDR.

Hope you like :-)

Cheers,

Pete
jwesq

91? Good job there wasn't an emergency. Fish eye?
smooth

Nice scene Peter,
Should spend a little more time on the stitch or correct the obvious alignment errors in Photoshop.
Maybe your NPP isn't quite spot on?

91 is a strange amount also how did you come at this figure?
6 around x 9 brackets + say 2x Nadir 180 opposed and 2x Zenith 180 apposed still only equals = 90
Maybe we can throw in 1x held held nadir also?

Regards, Smooth 8)
Peter Stephens

Obvious alighment errors ? Where... found a small one one the door which I didn't see before. NPP is spot on !

91.... 6 around, 1 above and 1 below + 2 extra shots to compensate for the lens flare x 9 for HDR + one nadir on a boom. 91

D200 + 10.5mm

Pete
Peter Stephens

Sorry smooth but I can't see any 'obvious alignment errors'.... can you send me some screen shots of what you are looking at ? I've not heard anyone else mention this yet.

Thanks,

Pete
Peter Stephens

ok.. spoted an error in the Nadir which I'm just working on, is that what you were talking about? Not obvious though.....

Pete
smooth

G'day Pete,

Sorry mate, it wasn't meant to be a personal attack of any kind, I was just pointing out what my eyes seen when viewing your panorama. The pano is nice as I stated and could be excellent tidied up a little. I personally am not immune or devoid of missing errors in my own work (sometimes we are too close to see the bleeding obvious).
Of course none of these stitching errors are very obvious to "everybody" but my eagle eyes don't miss much and truly I wasn't studying the pano they just stood out to me whilst browsing your copter scene.

Anyway, all are minor in the scheme of things but should you fix them then the panorama as a whole is improved right?

So I will do some captures and point out the things I spotted first time around (if you haven't already updated it).

It is also worth noting that the NPP is a floating point in a fisheye lens, so with that amount of light bouncing around of the copter and then the lens glass it is understandable that you will drift from the NPP regardless to how "perfect" you believe things are set up.

What is your equipment? Panohead etc?

Regards, Smooth 8)
smooth

Regards, Smooth 8)
Peter Stephens

Hi Smooth,

Didn't take it as a personal attach !! :lol: Don't worry. I just wanted to know what you were seeing as you said 'Obvious alignment errors'. Was thinking there where major stitching errors in the image :D Text comes across the wrong way often.

I've been working on the images for ages... you're right yes, to close to the see the bleeding obvious !! Would apreciate any screen shots of bits I've missed.

(I know what the NPP is :lol: ) Using a D200 + 10.5mm lens on a 360Precision Absolute pano head.

Cheers,

Pete
Peter Stephens

nice one.... done a few of them already, thanks :-)

Pete
Peter Stephens

All sorted, thanks for posting the screen shots !! :D

Pete