Exhibition "Kartonismus"

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
panox

On 20.11.22 I was able to photograph one hour in the exhibition "Kartonismus" of the Hamburg artist Björn von Schlippe in the gallery 3 in Barmstedt.

The hour before the first visitors arrived was already very short for everything I had planned. And so the Osmo Pocket camera remained in the backpack for steady camera movements and pans. I was able to stabilize the slightly shaky pans I shot with the Sony RX10 II using Premiere Pro.

Since the panoramas didn't do a good job of showing the layering of the corrugated cardboard objects, I tried to use panning to bring out the plasticity of the objects clearly.

Not everything went according to plan. In room 4, the old wooden floorboards bent around the tripod with every step. This resulted in several stitching errors that were difficult to retouch, especially on the ceiling. As always, I'm happy about suggestions and criticism. :-)

https://www.pano.szenerien.de/Kartonism ... index.html
BParker

Nicely done! Good capture of an interesting exhibit. Using panning was an interesting way of capturing depth in the 3-d works.

Looks like you were able to successfully fix the stitching errors you mentioned in room 4. I couldn’t find any. Rooms like these are very unforgiving when it comes to stitching.

I’d be interested to know more about how you create your panoramas, such as the stitching software you use, how many images you shoot, did you use HDR, and what equipment you use.

You get great results!
BParker

Actually, I see my questions about your equipment and technique are nicely answered on your website. Again, very nice work!
panox

This is what my first try looked like:

IMG_2933 Panorama_first_try.jpg
IMG_2933 Panorama_first_try.jpg (6.04 MiB) Viewed 10020 times
Worst case scenario: I shot one image twice, got a black hole which I could fill with the image information of another node.

Took me hours to mend.
BParker

Not sure if it would have had any effect on your situation, but I have found that when PTGui generates control points on top of the tripod head, it can cause stitching errors higher up in the image. I’m not sure why this happens, and it certainly doesn’t occur all the time, but I have had some pretty major stitching errors resolve themselves after I delete the tripod head control points and re-run the optimizer.

Ben