Tour of a small nature reserve (pilot for series)

Panos/Objects created with Pano2VR/Object2VR/Pano2QTVR. You are welcome to post your recent creations here.
Frankster69

This is a 20+ panorama tour of a small nature reserve in the floodplanes of the river Rhine where it enters the Netherlands. It's also a pilot for a full series of nature-inspired tours I want to create for my website: Landsnatuur.nl

It's actually the 5th tour on the website, but the first featuring a self-designed Landsnatuur-skin, an adapted version of Silhouette. I'm considering converting the other 4 tours to that skin as well.

The tour is enhanced with various photo's, videos and info-texts, also by myself, to give a full impression of the area. I had a struggle with them pausing on mouse-over, but Hopki helped me out here (thanks!). For this I will create a feature request in another forum.

The Google Map currently displays a warning, but that should go in a few days as my billing account is being validated (first time setup).

The tour:
https://landsnatuur.nl/360-vr/virtual-t ... ense-waard

regards, Frank
360Texas

Interesting Nature topic

Observation:

I am using latest Chrome on a PC with high speed internet connection and
I get this ERR msg
and I can not click on [START] button

OK will check back in few days see if ERR clears

You wrote:
The Google Map currently displays a warning, but that should go in a few days as my billing account is being validated (first time setup).

Google Map Can't load
Google Map Can't load
gogglemapsnotwork.jpg (19.66 KiB) Viewed 6160 times
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Frankster69

Thanks for the feedback :) Yes, I am hoping in a few days the map will work. Not the easiest thing to navigate, Google's inner workings. I hope I set it up right and the map becomes functional.

That not being able to click the start button, is it because of the Google message or something else?

regards, Frank
360Texas

Merry Christmas. IT WORKS NOW

The map seems to have a dark overlay... (reads maps UNDER DEVELOPMENT) but the hotspots, single pix, and video clips work great.

observation: auto rotation is on and makes trying to click on an (i) or video or single pix a bit difficult to mouse select because it keeps rotating while mouse clicking.

Very professional presentation. Thanks
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Frankster69

Thanks for the compliment :D

I'm confused... Rotation does NOT stop when you mouse over an icon?? I've worked hard on that, with a little help from Hopki even, to get that right! All icons have a toggle for autorotation, based on a variable that has a toggle too. It works here, in Firefox and Chrome.

What if you stop and then start the rotation from the menu below?

On another note: after jumping through some hoops, submitting extra proof, verifying a bankaccount and navigating the Cloud platform maze the map API is now working, no more 'for development purposes' and no-load warning :D

And of course Merry Christmas to you too :D

regards, Frank
360Texas

Happy Holiday.... Yes, using the menu 'stop rotation' then its easy to then select.

It almost works ??? Is this natural ?

reversed Thumbnail
reversed Thumbnail
naturethumb.jpg (41.92 KiB) Viewed 6088 times
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
Frankster69

That is natural :) When you look at the back of a thumbnail, you see it mirrored. If you know a solution to turn it when you look at the back, I would appreciate it. But I think it's a minor issue, and natural behavior when you turn things around.

regards, Frank
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Frank,
If I may I would like to list the things I would do.
Looking at the tour on my MacBook I found window is too long, I have to scroll the page to see either the Map at the top or scroll down to see the buttons. So I would make the window narrower and not so long so it's viewable without having to scroll in more devices.
I would also have a delay timer for the auto-rotate. When you click to stop the rotation, to click an information hotspot, it starts rotating too quickly.
Just my two pennies worth.
We added code to the 3D Arrow hotspots so when they go past side-on view and start to face the viewer the preview hides, but this is only information and I have no preference to show or not to show the inverted image.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Frankster69

Hello Hopki,

Your input is always appreciated! I will have a good look at window dimensions. I don't mind altering them to be a better fit.

I do still have issues with the autorotate. It is working ok with the toggle and variable as you suggested, but... if one hovers over a hotspot before the rotation starts, the toggle works the other way: it starts rotating on hover, which is exactly what I don't want. Also sometimes the rotation is just stopped, and the toggles work opposite as well then. Perhaps I need to add some conditions somewhere, but I'm not sure what and where.

Would you mind having a look? I've attached the skin here...

What I want, is a tour that can run without input, like a rotating movie, passing through all the nodes. But on input it should stop/pause and resume after input is finished. But if I can't get it right, it's better to remove rotation altogether, which would be a bummer to me.

I'm having another idea here, but I'll post it as separate topic, since it is a bit different.

regards, Frank
Attachments
Landsnatuur-19-rotate.ggsk
(2.41 MiB) Downloaded 189 times