hotspot

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
thomas
Chief Gnome

Fernando Costa Pinto wrote: But if you are correct ...than ..what is this you see ?

http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour/

Aren't this hotspots ? and is this not flash ? ...and is this not made in Pano2qtvr ?
The panos are created with Pano2QTVR and the tour is created with the API in Flash 8.
Fernando Costa Pinto wrote: And why the pano2qtvr has the feature assigned ?And the places to do that ?
Because its for QuickTime! Not every feature of QuickTime is supported in Flash and it is a beta version!
Fernando Costa Pinto wrote: What is unclear in my first question ?
Hmmm... at least 2 other people didn't understand it.
Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:And finnaly if Smooth is right ...
He is right.
Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:Thomas ..when you finish with Flue ..please get back to work and tell me if and when this feature will be available ...
In this form (like in QuickTime) not in the near future because Flash is to slow for such Hotspots and I personally prefer the Hotspots that are presented in the demo Flash tour. I am not sure when these new Hotspots will be available from the GUI, because they work different, you need just pan and tilt angles, and I want to finish other things first (like Objects)
MfG, Thomas
thomas
Chief Gnome

Fernando Costa Pinto wrote:Oh Sayeg,

Thomas is sick ? I thought he was in bed with a chick called Flue ...ehehe

But now ..seriously ...let me tell you one thing Sayeg ...I never ever had a delay in an answer from suppliers from the USA ( for some reason they don't get sick ).
But when you talk about others ...Europeans or any others...it's a completely different song.
Again Sayeg ...this is business ...not a party..and my urgency was real .
So if you have something practical and useful to say go ahead ..if you don't ....

I really thank everyone who try to help.

I still have some doubts but I'll wait for Thomas recovery....

This space is intentionally left blank

MfG, Thomas
sayeg5

Ok, something practical and usefull, GET A BOOK AND START TO READ¡¡, like everyone else in this forum; If you read in the features in the main page, there's nothing like "create your virtual tour"; there's a lot of forums and books, where you can learn how to interact with a flash movie, and your flashpano is a flash movie; the pano2qtvr is as i know, the first and only program where you can publish a panorama to flash, and as Thomas said, is a beta; there's other ways to add hotspots, you can do this in flash or in director, but you need to learn about it, and with your attitude, man, nobody will help you.
I don`t know how much time you have working with panos, but the best forums, stitchers, and tools, como from european people.

Sayeg5
Fernando Costa Pinto

Hi Sayeg ,

You are the only one that came here to say nothing. You want to fight ? I don't.
I want the best for Thomas . He deserve it . But things need to be clear and improved .
Faults everybody has . No one is perfect.
Certainly the pano2qtvr has a lot to improve , but the most important it already does.

It is universal that, when a company (doesn't matter if it is big or small ), sell a product , should give support to his potential clients not to mention those who already are .

This is not any forum . This is a forum where people that buys or is interested in Pano2qtvr come.

The owner of the forum has the natural obligation to satisfy the doubts of visitors .
The fast and accurately he does it ...the better his client ( and potential client ) will fell. And as consequence more chances for his company to survive.

It is also Universal that a Client is always right .

And here ,my dear Sayeg, the only thing I asked was an answer in proper time ...is that to much ?

As a client ..am I right ?

Sayeg ,you say nobody will help me ? Not even the one who sold the software ?
I think Thomas , that you should clear this situation .Many people who is willing to buy your solution would like to hear you about that.
Sayeg seems to make the apology of mediocrity. For him anyone that ask for a better performance is a ( in is own words) "pain in the ass".

So, Thomas, the question is : Are you willing to give proper help in proper time to your clients ?

It is Universal that proper time for an answer takes no longer than 24 hours.
We live no longer in snail mail times.

I want to say one more thing , to you my dear Sayeg . You tell me to read ..to learn ..but you know ..nobody knows everything in this world . Probably I know things that you don't even dream with .

Finally I want to say that in the beginning of this post I put a question .
Nothing could lead to understand that a feature like the hotspot was not made with the Pano2qtvr. On the contrary , everything ( the site ) induces to think that it does it . Including the software itself.

Again ..I want the best for Thomas , it is NOT my intention to hurt him or his business . On the contrary I want that the global performance rise more and more.
Thomas achieved already a great thing . And my critics are constructive, not destructive.
Fernando Costa Pinto
fcp.fernando@gmail.com
thomas
Chief Gnome

Ok, lets end this thread here.

As I wrote above. I always try to answer as fast as possible. But I also have a life (kind of...), I get sick or go on holiday. Alone today I did nothing else than answer emails (and there are still some unanswered that need more time). So this means 14h email writing and NO time to write one line of code! And it's Saturday! If this is not enough and not acceptable for you and you don't like to get answers from other people on this forum that's ok for me. At least I know that I do my very best.
MfG, Thomas
sayeg5

Ok man, of course i don't want to fight, but your attitude is not very friendly; i'm telling you to read and learn about wath you need, about the interaction with your panoflash, i'm not telling you ignorant, is obvious you're not.
The answer to your request was from Jaaaab

"try to use this code with your hotspot:

yourhotspot.onRelease=function() {
_root.getURL('yoururl');
}"

If you don't know how to use it, well, that's different. You need to insert your panoflash to Flash 8, and there, use that code. But there's other options, you don´t need to insert some pics to your panoflash to add a hotspot, you can use a button outside the pano, and interact with this button to do some action, go to another pano, go to an url, or whatever you want; to do this, you need to use the panorama flash API http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/v ... c.php?t=51 to tell to your panoflash what to do. Here is an example made with Director (shockwave) of what i'm talking about http://www.tallerdg.com/fade/fade.htm where i use some buttons to add hotspots, and your pano stay clear. Hope help you to find other options.

Peace.

sayeg5
Fernando Costa Pinto

Hi Sayeg ,

Thanks for your help .

I want you to know that I am a friendly person . But I send Wednesday, 2 private emails to Thomas , that get no answer . I told him , it was urgent .
How could I guess he was hill ?
Then I went to the forum , where he did not show up immediately ... again ..how could I guess he was hill ? Jaab appeared with a solution that was not working . Only Friday afternoon with Smooth ,things turn clear to me ...
Friday night I had probably the 2º most important event in Latin America , to show the hotspot working in the flash pano.
It was stressing ... but finally it work out , and was a success.

But as time was running out ..you can imagine that my friendliness was running out either . Obviously not with all that came to help , but with the absence of Thomas . Again I had no mean to guess he was hill .
Only after his explanation , I could understand what was going on . But by that time my friendliness was very few already. And I have been a little cynical ..that true ...while at the same time trying not to get to much desperate ...and also joking a little ....

But ...in the end everything went perfect ...

Again Sayec , Thanks for your attitude of comprehension.

Thanks Texas , Jaab , Thomas ( I know you are doing your best),and Smooth.

Fernando
Fernando Costa Pinto
fcp.fernando@gmail.com