‘can't allocate the DIB handle’, - help please

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
andrew222

I was hoping to get some help with the hotspot feature on Pano2QTVR (1.6.6 pro Flash)

I keep getting a pop up window with ‘can't allocate the DIB handle’ on when I tick the ‘Hotspots enabled’ box. The Equirectangular image is created on which I would normally draw the actual hotspot but then when I go to choose a hotspot shape and click on the Equirectangular image, another pop up appears with ‘Canvas does not allow drawing’ and Pano2QTVR completely crashes. Have to use Ctrl, Alt, delete to close the frozen window! (Windows XP Media Center Edition)

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Settings are

Cube face size: 1201
Subdivision :3X3
Quality: 100

Movie properties:

Window size 1024 X 768

Equirectangular tif is 1000 X 5000

These settings obviously produce an extremely large file size Quicktime and Flash file but I need them for a laptop demonstration and not web viewing. Tried lowering the above settings but made no difference to the pop up windows.

Look forward to any advice.

Thanks

Andrew

(Emailed support a couple of weeks ago put perhaps they missed it?)
thomas
Chief Gnome

andrew222 wrote:I was hoping to get some help with the hotspot feature on Pano2QTVR (1.6.6 pro Flash)

I keep getting a pop up window with ‘can't allocate the DIB handle’ on when I tick the ‘Hotspots enabled’ box.
This is because the image is too large and Pano2QTVR hits a Windows image size limit. You can convert the image into cube faces and draw the hotspots this way and it may work.
You can also try to use Pano2VR because Pano2VR uses its own image display engine and is able to display larger images.
Emailed support a couple of weeks ago put perhaps they missed it?)
I have a real spam problem. Currently I get about 2000 spams per day so I have set my spam filter to be very aggressive.
MfG, Thomas
andrew222

Thanks for the reply Thomas

Atleast I now know it's not my versions of windows messing me around :)

I did find a post that mentioned converting the image into cube faces and adding hotspots that way. It did work but the conversion took forever and 8 of my hotspots over lapped into separate cube faces so that was a bit of a fiddle. (The hotspots are just text labels for objects in the image). I guess I just got use the the quick work flow I previously had before upgrading the camera.

Before I upgrade, what's the image size limit on Pano2VR? Just thinking of the future as these stitched images are just going to get bigger.

Thanks for your help,

Andrew

Better watch your spam settings for your own support email address.
I used support 'at' pano2qtvr.com and that never got to you.
thomas
Chief Gnome

I successfully converted panormas with a size of 20.000x10.000. The Hotspots editor works with 15.000x7.500 on a 2GB machine. The only limit is continuous main memory so you may be able to work with even larger images.
One of the next beta versions will thread the hotspots as vector object so this will save additional space and should also allow larger images.
MfG, Thomas