Inserting flash pano in existing flash proyect

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
ftrippie

Hi,

I feel stupid (know little of flash), but can't seem to send the flash pano further to the back of my existing proyect.

Using the code below, I am succesful in getting the pano to show in my existing flash template, but it stays on top, covering buttons and images which were already there. How to send it further to the back?

code:
// Create container movieclip
var vr:MovieClip = _root.createEmptyMovieClip("vr", 1000);
// prevent access to "real" root
vr._lockroot=true;

// Create a Movieclip loader
var myLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
var myListener = new Object();

myListener.onLoadStart = function () {
// Set the dimentions and position of the pano
vr.window_width=766;
vr.window_height=193;
vr.window_x=0;
vr.window_y=29;
// change initial viewing parameters
vr.pan=160;
vr.tilt=0;
// change autorotation
vr.autorotate=0.5;
vr.autorotate_delay=20;
};

// add the Listener
myLoader.addListener(myListener);

// ... and finally load the pano!
myLoader.loadClip("pano.swf", vr);

cheers,
FTrippie
Brian

Frippie,
I see you haven't had an answer to this, so I'll have a go - but I haven't tested the suggestion...

...maybe the answer is in the "1000" you have in the createEmptyMovieClip code. This sets the level for the pano in the page. If your other page resorces have a level HIGHER than this (eg 1001, 10000, 25000?), then they'd appear in front, wouldn't they?

Brian

PS in my own site http://www.briansutton.net, I have all the other page furniture outside the pano window on top of a masking layer that restricts the pano to the rectangle you seee...

B
ftrippie

Hi Brian,

Thank you very much for getting back to me, much appreciated.

In the end I managed, but can't remember exactly why and how. If you want I could try to find out.
I didn't use it myself, because moving the pano in the flash page, moved the text fonts in the rest of the page in a strange way. I just decided to my make links to external popups and pages.

However, one of my customers did adapt my method and although I build them a full virtual tour with Tourweaver, they decided to use the standalone flash photos in their flash site:
http://www.fincalaestacada.com/

Cheers,
FTrippie
Brian

FTrippie,

I hadn't been on the forum for a while, so when I see orphan queries I like at least to make a suggestion. I'm pleased you solved it.

Nice looking site!

Best regards,

Brian