Flash 8 crashing when opening pano2qtvrs SWFs

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
m_stoss

After some first mistakes with the installation process, I'm now a happy user of p2q flash, using the latest 1.5.6 beta.

I'm impressed of the enhanced quality compared to the first (already great) versions.

As I understand, p2q with flash requires the Flash 8 plugin and for so far, all is going well. Now I encountered some strange behaviour regarding use with Flash 8 (and beside that - a strange behaviour of the Flash standalone players):

Whenever I try to open a p2q swf in Flash 8, there is a pretty good (3:1) chance, that Flash crashes, regardless whether I open it by using the "open" dialogue or by drag&drop. Anyone else having seen this? Any solution or explanation at least?

Yours,
Michael

(Moreover, but this seems to be a Flash-only thing since this is true for other swfs as well, I found it strange, that the standalone player is switched from version 8 down to version 7 when I have used version 7 only once to open. Trying to open with right-click will only reveal the version 7 too then)
hum@no.id

m_stoss wrote:(Moreover, but this seems to be a Flash-only thing since this is true for other swfs as well, I found it strange, that the standalone player is switched from version 8 down to version 7 when I have used version 7 only once to open. Trying to open with right-click will only reveal the version 7 too then)
Differences

http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/v ... c.php?t=20
thomas
Chief Gnome

m_stoss wrote:Whenever I try to open a p2q swf in Flash 8, there is a pretty good (3:1) chance, that Flash crashes, regardless whether I open it by using the "open" dialogue or by drag&drop. Anyone else having seen this? Any solution or explanation at least?
Flash 8 is very picky when reading files not generated with Flash 8. The files from Pano2QTVR are valid but sometimes the bitorder is not exactly as in Flash 8 and so it crashes. I didn't found the exact reason yet but I hope I can fix this some day.
m_stoss wrote:Moreover, but this seems to be a Flash-only thing since this is true for other swfs as well, I found it strange, that the standalone player is switched from version 8 down to version 7 when I have used version 7 only once to open. Trying to open with right-click will only reveal the version 7 too then
Strange... Did you also tried it with the Flash 9 Player?
MfG, Thomas