Size of full screen flash panoramas

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
KevinW

Hello,
For those who are doing full screen flash panoramas, what resolution and how many KB or MB are these files? My full screen QTVR files are typically 1.5 to 2 MB. I was hoping on a much smaller flash version that would look good in full screen.

Thank you.
Kevin
sachagriffin

KevinW wrote:Hello,
For those who are doing full screen flash panoramas, what resolution and how many KB or MB are these files? My full screen QTVR files are typically 1.5 to 2 MB. I was hoping on a much smaller flash version that would look good in full screen.

1.5 to 2MB is EXTREMELY good for fullscreen. You should be happy.
Lower file sizes + quality are going to be affected by better lenses.

Thank you.
Kevin
Sacha Griffin
Southern Digital Solutions LLC
404-551-4275
http://www.seeit360.net
KevinW

Sacha,
Thank you for the reply. I guess I was hoping that someone was producing wonderful full screen flash or java panoramas that were small enough for dial-up users to look at. I would like to give dial-up users the chance to look at full screen without having to wait five minutes.

You have a great website! What is the difference in file size between your smaller panoramas and the full screen ones? Do you have a preference between Flash and Immervision Java panoramas? On my machine at least, the Java panoramas tend to pan much smoother than the Flash panoramas from your site.

Regards,
Kevin
sachagriffin

300-550 KB for windowed and 1.2 to 4 MB for Fullscreen.

My preference now days just to see something quickly, so I uses either deval or flash because of the loading time. Quicktime and java take some time to start, and shockwave takes a little shorter.

Yes, java is much smoother but flash is better supported by most computers.
Sacha Griffin
Southern Digital Solutions LLC
404-551-4275
http://www.seeit360.net