Cannot Get My .swf to display completely

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
landrvr1

My pano .swf files are showing up on my stage, but they are somehow getting cut-off.

If I set the origin point at 0,0 to load, everything checks out fine:

But when I try to put the .swf at it's proper location - just to the right of the map, the .swf gets cut-off:

I'm at my wits end over this. I've tried exporting on each of the different scale settings, etc etc. Nothing works. What am I missing? When I load the fountain.swf from the example file, that works perfectly no matter where it's placed. Thanks
landrvr1

Okay, this is completely strange now.

When I replace my first .swf with the sample fountain.swf, it shows up okay and in the right location - just as described earlier. However, when I then click on the second map button - which loads my OTHER .swf file - THAT .swf file shows up perfectly in the correct location.

However, if I load my .swf file first, then switch via the map button to the fountain.swf, both exhibit the cut-off problem.

!? :cry:
360Texas

Looks like you are working with flash .swf panoramas in Flash 8 or higher.

Sorry, we have not got that far... do not use Adobe Flash 8
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
landrvr1

360Texas wrote:Looks like you are working with flash .swf panoramas in Flash 8 or higher.

Sorry, we have not got that far... do not use Adobe Flash 8
Whoa, I'm not following you here. This is right from the main page of Pano2QTVR:

Pano2QTVR allows you to create cylindrical and cubic panoramas with hotspots, autorotation and background sound. The additional FlashPack exports those panoramas also to Macromedia Flash 8.

I can't work in Flash 8? I wish I would have known that before upgrading. :cry: :shock:

I'm completely confused. Are we saying that the .swf file that's directly generated from Pano2QTVR can't be brought into Flash 8 using the method described in the sample file? That just doesn't make sense - especially when I can get the fountain.swf to work just fine in my Flash project. Also, when I open the container.fla file and publish from there - all Flash 8 - it plays great and I can move the .swf files wherever I choose.
360Texas

"I can't work in Flash 8? I wish I would have known that before upgrading. " What program are you using that shows the flash code set in the above picture?

I can't work in Adobe Flash 8 either. What its talking about is that pano2qtvr will generate a .swf that can be displayed in your browser that has the Adobe Flash Viewer version 8 or 9 plugin installed.

I guess what threw me off was you pictures are showing a floor plan with a hotspot icon on it. when you click on the icon on the floor plan the beacon will rotate around sync'd with the flash panorama rotating. To incorporate the beacon icon/map sync... that done in the stand alone version of Adobe Flash program.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were doing. Also sending you off forum email to this affect.

Maybe it would help if you uploaded the errant .swf to your server and let us take a look at your code.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
landrvr1

I'm using Flash 8 Pro to incorporate my .swf files into a movie similar to the Tour demo available from this site.

I've zipped up 4 files:

Pano2QTVR ver1.fla
this is my main movie, which is really just a variation of the container.fla demo file

Pano2QTVR ver1.swf
Just the .swf output file from the above listed .fla

StateFarm-Welcome.swf
The 1st .swf file included in my map

StateFarm-Office.swf
The 2nd .swf file included in my map

If you can open the .fla and change one of the movieclips to the fountain.swf that's included with the demo file, it will play just fine.

Thanks for any assistance you guys can give. I really need to get a fix here for several projects. Here's the link to the zip

http://www.802studio.com/p/PanoFlash.zip

Also, check out this guy's site. He's incorporate a pano movie in the exact same fashion as I'm attempting:

http://www.wycwh.com/abbs/d1/a.html
landrvr1

Dave, I've done another test. I've actually grabbed a .swf file off of your site and loaded it into my project. Works great. This leads me to believe that it's not that I'm working in Flash Pro 8, but that something I'm doing in the output process of Pano2QTVR is going wrong.

I'm my project, I've been creating a cubic. Here's my settings:

landrvr1

Well, tried another test with a equirectangular image found on the net. Same problem. It shows up okay at 0,0, but gets cut-off anywhere else.

I'm trying to eliminate some variables here, and I keep coming back to how I'm exporting.
landrvr1

Here's some more info on my setup:

Output: Cubic
Original Images: 6 jpg images @ 700x700, 300ppi, RGB 8bit

There's also a new issue I've noticed. When I test my main .swf and click on a map dot BEFORE actually panning around, nothing happens. The new .swf connected to whatever map dot I'm pressing never loads...
landrvr1

Guys, any feedback on this yet? I've provided just about all the info I can, and would really appreciate some help. If there's anything else you need from me please let me know.
landrvr1

Well, I think I've eliminated the possibility that this is a 'source image' problem. I've grabbed several cubic sequence images from various spots on the web and converted them using Pano2QTVR. The problem I'm having in Flash is still the same. It's got to be a conversion issue....

Again, whenever I use a .swf pano from a different source it seems to work fine.
360Texas

You had me going there for a minute... thought you were here in Fort Worth. Nice panorama by the way.

Skip to the bottom for additional thoughts.

Ok here is my work flow. Some of the stuff you won't need but Ill put it here for you and others to comment on.

I stitched an image 4000 x 2000 .tif

In Pano2qtvr, created a new project.pqp

Project Tab
Project type: Panorama [.] Equirectanglular
Convert to 6 face cube sides
Patch the side 5 (down shot) for tripod cap

Settings Tab
Tile Settings
Cube face size 0 used default
subdivision 5x5
Quality = default 90

Movie properties
Window size 570 x 320 px
ENABLE Preview track Resolution 1:8
Enable grayscale, protection, Optimize
Quality MAX, Static MAX

Viewing Parameters
Spot in QTime.. for initial view for Pan, tilt FOV

Userdata Tab
Filled in the information

Hotspots Tab
Hotspots = none

Sprites Tab
No Sound
Autorotate delay = disabled

Additional Sprites
1: C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\sprites\autorotate5Sec.mov

Flash Tab
General
Frame Rate 50 fps

Display Quality = 9
Enable automatic decrease when moving
Enable dynamic stage rendering qulaity
Scaling [ with stage ]

Interaction
Sensitivity center mark
Movement check Mass simulation

Autorotate
Enable only if in focus
Delay 3 seconds
Speed 1
Return to horizon center mark position

External Controller
No controller

Flash preloader Tab
Bar x10 y30
Text 10 30
Image positon inside viewer box upper left corner 10 x 60
Image file : loader.jpg
Empty tiles = check noise

Helpers Tab
Thumbnails = none
Cubeface strip for SPi-V = not using
HTML File
Template = Full screen_Flash
File - html filename
[create html] This will create sample set of html code and generate a file called something .js

Now when I create the .swf flash file... I just copy the html, js, swf over to my website. Then test it to make sure it displays the .swf at the correct height/width monitor size properly. Actually its just says.. find out the visitors monitor width dimensions "Tofit" .. and displays it properly.

Now if I just go and click on the .swf file it will display as 570 x 320 because those are the dimensions I created it with.

What looks like is happening with yours is that you have specified a flash stage dimension view box. Then you are displaying my 570 x 320 .swf inside it. Maybe the your viewer box is not wide enough to display your photo on the left side, the diagram box with click beacons in center, then the 570 wide x 320 pano .swf window size.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
landrvr1

Thanks for the reply, Dave. I believe I may have found a solution. I decided to step waaay back.

I downloaded a previous version - 1.5.3 - and it works like a charm! I've used all the same settings. Looks like there could be some sort of bug or incompatibility issue.

There's another problem, however, and I'm not sure that this can be resolved here. I'll start a new thread on this, as it's really a separate issue.
baoputzi

landrvr1 wrote:Thanks for the reply, Dave. I believe I may have found a solution. I decided to step waaay back.

I downloaded a previous version - 1.5.3 - and it works like a charm! I've used all the same settings. Looks like there could be some sort of bug or incompatibility issue.

There's another problem, however, and I'm not sure that this can be resolved here. I'll start a new thread on this, as it's really a separate issue.
I just looked over your posting and my first thpught was that your are mismachting window size and panorma size. if you create a panorama with any pano tool the pano size is f.e. 1024x480 which does not correspond to the entire panorama size but to the size of the rectangular slices used to create the cube parts which finally will be the panorama. The window size layer above and ist the an equivalent to the viewport through which you the parts of your panorama. If the size of the window and size of the cube slices matches you see everything if sizes dont fit you might see cut offs or empty parts. if you move your window(vieport) with a smaller size above the paano you might see cut offs or only parts of the pano. You can try this by giving different values to the _x,_y of pano and pano.window.

I am working with flash8 pro as2 and flash9 as3 and have no trouble using the flash panos. One issue is, using multiple panos at the same time I am working on this now. for a full frame pano navigation which I am working on plse see the testing area at http://www.benzit.de/snf/index.html
landrvr1

baoputzi wrote:
landrvr1 wrote:Thanks for the reply, Dave. I believe I may have found a solution. I decided to step waaay back.

I just looked over your posting and my first thpught was that your are mismachting window size and panorma size. if you create a panorama with any pano tool the pano size is f.e. 1024x480 which does not correspond to the entire panorama size but to the size of the rectangular slices used to create the cube parts which finally will be the panorama. The window size layer above and ist the an equivalent to the viewport through which you the parts of your panorama. If the size of the window and size of the cube slices matches you see everything if sizes dont fit you might see cut offs or empty parts. if you move your window(vieport) with a smaller size above the paano you might see cut offs or only parts of the pano. You can try this by giving different values to the _x,_y of pano and pano.window.

I am working with flash8 pro as2 and flash9 as3 and have no trouble using the flash panos. One issue is, using multiple panos at the same time I am working on this now. for a full frame pano navigation which I am working on plse see the testing area at http://www.benzit.de/snf/index.html