Adobe Standalone Player

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
thomas
Chief Gnome

If you like to watch the Flash files directly after the creation and you don't have Flash 8 install you can download a standalone "Debug" player from
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html or a beta version of the normal player from http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/

Save the file somewhere on the Harddisk and than add this file as Viewer in Pano2QTVR - Options - Flash Viewer
Last edited by thomas on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
360Texas

Thanks, that made Pano2qtvr - Flash work.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
1drey

hum@no.id

No.no.noooo

Today... only native standalone player...

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flas ... _debug.exe

How to use.

Copy it's player any constant folder / simple run it and close /

pS.

Swiff player worked witn - Current Flash ActiveX
heavyrunner

I am about to create my first product using Flash instead of QuickTime. I would like to use CD-ROM because not all computers have optical drives that can read DVD-R. On my computer, I have something called "Flash Player 10.xxx." This application launches when I double-click a .swf Flash panorama file and the panorama is displayed.

I signed up with Adobe to be a licensed redistributor the Flash Player, and they sent me a link to an installer that is 1.8 mb in size, and seems only to install plug-ins for browsers. When I load it on a new computer that lacks Flash, it does not install anything that opens if you double-click a .swf file. I am not sure where the Flash Player 10.xxx that is on my workstation and also my lap top computer came from. My workstation does not have Flash CS 3 or 4 installed in the Vista 64 bit partition. My lap top does have Flash CS3 installed. I do not have a Vista 64 bit compatible installer for Flash CS, yet the free standing Flash Player is installed on the Vista 64 bit partition. I think it came from a Flash Player installer, but the newer ones don't seem to install a free standing player.

The reason this is a big deal is that when you export a projector the file size doubles. A 4 mb Flash .swf file becomes an 8 mb Flash Projector .exe file. As .swf files the panoramas for my Grand Canyon CD are about 400 mb in size, leaving room for the topographic maps that comprise the user interface and the various .pdf files that are included on the CD. If those file sizes double, I can't even get the panos on a CD, let alone the entire product.

If I have to use projector .exe files, I will have to replicate the product on DVD-R. This defeats the purpose of transitioning to Flash from QuickTime, which is to increase the compatibility of my product with the later versions of Windows which QuickTime VR does not run on. But if I use DVD-R I am afraid that since DVD-R drives are not as universally installed as CD-R drives, I will make my product less universally compatible than it is now on CD-R utilizing QTVR.

Is there no way to distribute an installer that will install the Flash Player so you don't need to distribute x number of players by including one with every single panorama as a projector .exe file? In the case of my Grand Canyon CD it would mean distributing about 100 copies of the player on every CD, or, rather, DVD-R because it would make the total product too large to fit on CD.

Please advise if anyone has any ideas about this. I spent an hour or two on the phone with Adobe's fine people in India, but I was never quite able to get them to understand what the problem is.

Paul Fretheim
smooth

It is a case of the end user needing to view the Flash panoramas via a web browser and this is why Adobe have supplied you with the ActiveX browser plug-ins.
The alternative is to offer the Flash 10 Debug standalone but this doesn't install and you would need to supply instructions on how to assign .swf files to default open with Flash.exe (you will be bashing your head against a wall because generally people are inherently stupid).
The last option is to make projectors and as you say this adds 4mb to each movie.

Regards, Smooth 8)
patherine

How do i use Adobe Photoshop to remove background from a picture? Please I need help on how to use Adobe Photoshop to remove the background of a picture leaving only the subject?
360Texas

Hello Patherine, welcome to the forum

What I do is [CS4]

Open your full stitched panorama in Photoshop.
Select polygon lasso, tool, magic wand tool or something similar
mouse over and select the object,
use the [shft] + add or [alt] - remove areas to complete the full object
Click the toolbar (SELECT | inverse ) which flips the slected area to ALL other
and finally [backspace key] to completely remove the background

Now you should see your remaining selected object on a checkered (now transparant) background.

On the toolbar FILE |SAVE & Devices this as a new file name.png (flavor PNG 24)

Now you have your object on a transparent background.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
towingportland

Adobe standalone player & ActiveX are the core of almost any flash or quicktime content online.