Flash Pano controllable outside its window ?

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
Thomas D

Hello,

I new in this forum, I've been creating pano for some time now, and I'm using the version 1.6.2, with the creation of pano for flash.

Now I am about to create a complete flash interface to present the panos, but I have a little problem... The buttons I created on the side of the pano window doesn't always work. After scratching my head searching the reason why. I finally found that the panos are not 'remaining' in their windows.

Actually, the image of the pano remains in its window, but you can control the movement in the pano even outside the pano... You can even see the hotspots moving outside the pano window until coming in...

I hope this is clear to all the ones reading it...

Best
Brian

Thomas,

I don't know about the control buttons, but the hotspot visibility probably needs you to create a mask at a "high depth" :-) so to speak to hide anything outside the window through which you want to view the pano. Actually, the pano has a quite large varying jagged perimeter which might or might not already be hidden in your page.

I use Flash alone to render the panos (of course eventually exported to html) and I found Thomas Raushers PARK tutorial demo and .fla code on his site very helpful to get the rendering the way I wanted.

Take a look at http://www.briansutton.net to see some panos...Thomas's demo as well as some of mine are there for comparison, and the window they appear in is really a big mask on top of which I have the pano selection ComboBoxes etc.

I have to say the "controller" .swf that pano2qtvr provides is also hidden behind the "mask" and I haven't found a way to get it where I want yet! Thomas seems to say that the controller.fla is available somewhere but I haven't found it yet. That might help place it wher I want, or help you get your control buttons working the way you want?

Best wishes,

Brian
Thomas D

Hello Brian,

You've got some nice pano's there!

Thank you for sharing, in the meantime I noticed (and mentionned it already to Thomas) that the problem disappeared when stepping back to the forelast version. Don't know if it really is coming from that, but I could notice.

About the controller, I used the slider one, but I had to modify its layout for it to appear where I wanted (make it with an height of 200pi and place it from the middle in pano2qtvr). I tried to have it as an external movie in the container, but so far couldn't find the right way for it to access the pano information and display it correctly.

You can check out the result on the virtual tours on http://www.lowaltitude.be.

Regards
Thomas
damepe

Hello,
I have the same problem, and I discovered a weird thing: it only happens when the first panorama to be loaded is created with pano2qtvr 1.6.2
I made a tour with 13 panoramas created in pano2qtvr 1.6.2 and that problem appeared. Then I re-made the first panorama, and only the first one, with pano2qtvr 1.5.2 and the problem was gone!
Thomas D

Hello Thomas,

I just tried your brand new version to make sure it solves the problem of positionning, and the 'controllable' area.

But unfortunatly, it is still not working properly.

I can send you my test files you you want to.

The property about locking the mouse doesn't work neither.

So I will again revert to 1.5.2.

Best regards
Thomas D