how to load a pano.swf in another .swf

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
luis

Hi!! I'm tryng the demo version of pano2qtvr and it seems very nice...I'm so interested in the use of vr with flash.

Now I'm tring to load a pano.swf into another .swf where there are other media: picture, mc, button etc.
I'm doing it with this code on the time line:

Code: Select all

this.createEmptyMovieClip("mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());
this.mc.loadMovie("pano.swf");
The problem is that when the pano.swf is loaded everything in the stage disappear: what can I do?

Another problem is the size of the pano: it always as big as the viewer, I would like to give it a width and a height not resizable. How to do it?[/quote]
thomas
Chief Gnome

luis wrote:Hi!! I'm tryng the demo version of pano2qtvr and it seems very nice...I'm so interested in the use of vr with flash.

Now I'm tring to load a pano.swf into another .swf where there are other media: picture, mc, button etc.
I'm doing it with this code on the time line:

this.createEmptyMovieClip("mc", this.getNextHighestDepth());
this.mc.loadMovie("pano.swf");
The problem is that when the pano.swf is loaded everything in the stage disappear: what can I do?
You need to paint your graphics OVER the pano.... So you can load the skin from another movie or import it from the Library and paint on a higher depth.
Another problem is the size of the pano: it always as big as the viewer, I would like to give it a width and a height not resizable. How to do it?
Disable "rescale with Stage" and wait for beta 5. There will be a methode like .setWindowSize(w,h)
MfG, Thomas
pixelweave

Hi,

I'm trying to load the pano into a fixed area of the stage. My other layers load, but the pano just scales up to cover everything else beneath it. I thought that setProperty would keep the loaded movie clip sized, but are you saying that I need to disable "rescale with Stage"?

Thanks,
Mark Bradshaw

var container:MovieClip = createEmptyMovieClip("container", getNextHighestDepth());
var mcLoader:MovieClipLoader = new MovieClipLoader();
mcLoader.addListener(this);
mcLoader.loadClip("MainStay_BedRoom_flash.swf",container);
setProperty(this.container, _width, 400);
setProperty(this.container, _height, 300);
thomas
Chief Gnome

I have created a thread for API calls within the new beta5 http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/v ... .php?p=224

Now you can call

container.pano.setWindowSize(400,300)

and this will set the size of the pano. If you know the size in advance you can set it as window size within Pano2QTVR and disable scaling - with stage to avoid rescaling durnig the loading.
MfG, Thomas