Pano2QTVR 1.6.1 released

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
thomas
Chief Gnome

This is a bugfix release. On some computers the creation of Flash panoramas from an equirectangular image with hotspots crashed.
You can download the latest version from http://www.pano2qtvr.com/download
Last edited by thomas on Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MfG, Thomas
hum@no.id

good news :)

thnx
Wim.Koornneef

Hello,

I have a question about the making of hotspots in Flash 1.6.1

When I want to link flash movies with hotspots I found out that I first have to make the panos in QT because Flash movies are not recognized as hotspot destination in the "open" dialog box. After I choose the QT pano I can change the filename in the URL to the destination Flash movie and create the flash movie. The flash movie works fine and I can jump to the linked pano using the hotspots.

So far so good.

But when I want to use the possibility to link to a certain start viewpoint with custom params (pan angle, tilt, etc.) I am stuck.
I tried to fool the application by setting up all start viewpoint params in the QT pano, change the file name (change the extension from .mov to .swf) as before and create the flash movie. The hotspot is working as before but the start viewpoint is not correct and the startpoint settings are skipped.

Q) What can I do to get a custom start view point of the destination flash movie ?

Regards Wim.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Wim.Koornneef wrote: Q) What can I do to get a custom start view point of the destination flash movie ?
Currently this is not possible because Flash works different than QT but I will try to find a solution for version 2.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Using Flash - initial start point.. you can set the intial view in the QTVR settings tab.

I think the start point for the 2nd image might be at the zero mark in the image. For example, the zero point is mid center of the image where it is on the horizon 50% down from the top and 50% from the left side of the image. The 0 zero mark is where looking to the left side of the image is from 0 to -180 degrees and looking to the right is 0 to +180 degrees. [180 +180 = 360 degrees]. Same concept for TILT. 0 mark is mid center and +90 is from 0 to looking straight up at the zenith +90: 0 to looking straight down -90 to the nadir or the ground.

A work around might be made by going into Photoshop | Filters | Other | Offset . Besure to have 'auto wrap' selected.. then use the slider bar to rotate your "point of interest" to mid center of the image. Be careful and not tilt your image up.. because the sky will wrap around to the bottom of the image.

Just a thought
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com