flash navigation tool

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
enrico.b

hi
I already posted this in the "Pano2QTVR release" section but maybe that was the wrong forum for this kind of problem, I apologise for the cross post....

what I'm trying to do is to automatically pan the panorama to a specific location. Say I want t click on a tool like the radar of the example posted on this site (http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour/) and have the panorama to ease automatically to match that angle. I got it to work with an interval sending setPan(nextstep) calls, but since the panorama moves without switching the image quality the result is just impossibly slow :(
Is there a better way to do this than a sequence of setPan calls? Or is there a call to change the resolution to low untill the panorama gets to the target?

any ideas?

Thx!

/enrico
thomas
Chief Gnome

There is a method called setMeshDensity(deltaDegrees) which is used internally to change the Quality. You can play around with the parameter to see what meets your need best. Normal the value should be the difference in your movement. As starting point maybe try:

Code: Select all

<movieclip>.pano.setMeshDensity(1.0);  
MfG, Thomas
benny

Hi,

if I get you right there is another way to solve this problem I just integrated myself.

Use

<mc>.pano.setAutorotate(speed(float),delay(float),returntoHorizon(float),onlyinfocus(bool))

to rotate as long as it takes to reach the target view angle and stop the motion by using <mc>.pano.setAutorotate(0).

This is much faster as doing a polling setPan() and is even quite fast if you do not change the quality.

Now you have two worakrounds for your problem and you can choose which fits you best.

Benny