Add background image?

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
craigm

Is it possible to add a background image to an object movie?

I have tried various ways using the blend, alpha, transparent but it does not seem to work.

I have tried with images that are transparent PNG and also ones with solid white background but none of the available options overlay my images onto a second jpg that I load as an additional sprite.

Thanks,

Craig
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmm... I don't understand... Do you want to add two images to overlay? Which format do you use for the overlay? Do you want to use the alpha channel to blend the image?
MfG, Thomas
daleylay

Hi,

after read the forum, I still failed to create like example http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2qtv ... ?demo=pano
What I want is just create the semi transparent image at bottom right corner (which said "Created with Pano2QTVR"). So far I successful create solid ovelay image and total transparent overlay image, but how to create semi transparent overlay image ?

I also read foum http://gardengnomesoftware.com/forum/vi ... erlay#p197 :

[ by thomas on Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:03 pm
I opend the TIFF in PS, Clicked "Save as", unchecked alpha, unchecked layer. -> Ok -> Checked tranparency -> Ok.
Then I opened the file in Gimp (it looks the same as in PS), clicked "Save as" -> PNG. ]

if uncheck alpha, why we use alpha channel in PS at the first place ?

thanks for helping,

Daley.
thomas
Chief Gnome

With Photoshop CS3 it should work fine with just saving the PNG. In older version of Photoshop the export for PNGs with alpha channel is hidden in the Help?!?!!?!????? menu. There is a menu command "Export for Web" or similar. I can check it now because I have already CS3 on all of my machines.
MfG, Thomas
360Texas

Save for Web - select png24 file format. This will permit saving translucent and transparent .png's. Png8 type seems not have transparent attributes.
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
Roy Reed

8bit PNGs can have single colour transparency (the same as GIFs) but not alpha channel transparency.