Flash Export Problem

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
JesseBee

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I am having with the Flash Creation/Export process in Pano2QTVR V1.5.0beta2. From the "Flash" tab, on "Create Flash", I get an error message -

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\pano2qtvr.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to termitate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I am running WinXP Pro, SP2 + Flash 8 + Quicktime 7.1. I rebooted, started the program again, and now the option to "Create Flash" is greyed out/unavailable. I own the Pro version. Any help would be great.

Thanks!
thomas
Chief Gnome

Just a wild guess but I think you try to gernerate something other than a full cubic panorama. Cylindricals and Objects are currently not supported. I will add this soon

MfG, Thomas
JesseBee

Oh! Right you are; I was using a Cylindrical image.

For the record, I used the same image, selected "Equirectangular" from the Pan options and then performed a Flash export successfully. Of course, the image is distorted at the top and bottom as it is pulled into unnatural points, but the process/programming/export worked just fine.

Any idea when you'll have an export function for Cylindricals in place?

Thanks for the help.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Hmmm... Give me one week or so. Currently I want to hunt the bugs with just one projection.

MfG, Thomas
JesseBee

Fantastic! Thanks for the great support and product, Thomas.
smooth

Simply drop the cylindrical image on a 2:1 canvas and limit the tilt value like I did for Dylan as a sample http://www.smooth360.com/temp/dylan/flash It is easy to do just make a new canvas in Photoshop the width of your cylindrical panorama and make the hight half the width. Then open your cylindrical panorama image Crtl+A (All) then Ctrl+C (Copy) then Ctrl+V (Paste) onto your new canvas.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Smooth 8)
JesseBee

Worked well and I was able to output as a flash file with no image distortion- thanks, Smooth! It took me a few minutes to understand how the "Tilt" function affected the output; at first I left it @ 90/-90 and was getting a nauseating tilt...ended up setting it at 64/-64 which just cut off the black circle at the top/bottom and ouput much more naturally.

Here's a link to the test output:

http://www.ocexclusives.com/panoTest/index.html

Settings for viewing parameters:

Pan (Min/Max/Def) : 0.0/ 360.0/ 0.0
Tilt (Min/Max/Def) : -64.0/ 64.0/ 0.0
FoV (Min/Max/Def) : 10.0/ 120.0/ 70.0
smooth

No worries! :D
Looks good.

It is a good work around until the Cylindrical panorama are supported.

Regards, Smooth 8)