Adding Links/Hotspots into Flash panorama

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
simonp

I would like to link 2 flash panoramas together using simple hotspot markers...like it is done here:

http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour/

Is there a simple way to do that or does this require extensive Flash programming? Are there any tutorials or how-tos available? Thanks for your help.
360Texas

Not sure if the current FlashPack 1.5 final will do that type of linkage
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
simonp

no, current FlashPack will not do the linkage. I guess additional Flash programming is needed to insert links and hotspots. Maybe Thomas could help and show how he produced the Virtual Tour sample: http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour/
360Texas wrote:Not sure if the current FlashPack 1.5 final will do that type of linkage
hum@no.id

Is there a simple way to do that or does this require extensive Flash programming?

Yes
------
http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour/container.zip

Source code (incl. fla file) - need editor Flash8 or higer...

Into pano files (SWF) hot-spots are not inserted... it's ready files...ok

hot-spot making into container file (see source set)

------
and....it be required very good knowledge Adobe (Macromedia) Flash editor.

regards
thomas
Chief Gnome

The next version will make this easier and there will be no need for Flash knowledge.... but no release date yet....
MfG, Thomas
simonp

thanks a lot for your post Thomas and Humo(at)no.id!
Robert Harshman

First let me say, the sooner you can add menu driven hotspots for Flash, the better! :D

I'm not a Flash guru by any sense of the word, the last version I even looked at from the tools side was 5, and then only for a couple of weeks, so please be kind if I ask really stupid questions.

I've downloaded the trial version of Flash 8 Pro and the sample controller, etc from Thomas' example.

I've striped out the window and radar stuff as all I really want is to creater some hotspots from a Flash VR to some simple image files or simple html pages displaying those images.

My first stupid question is, the hotspot location numbers refer to degrees in the VR? Is there any easy way to find out those numbers for hotspot locations?

My next really stupid question is, if I change the hotspot links can I simply change them to "filename.jpg" and have it work?

Thanks for any help, I'll keep working on this too.

Regards,

Robert
thomas
Chief Gnome

The numbers refer to degrees and the easiest way is to open the "Spot in QuickTime" window, center your target and write down the numbers for Pan and Tilt. Links can be to anything as in HTML including javascript so your approach should work just fine.
MfG, Thomas
Robert Harshman

Thanks Thomas!

Sorry to bother you, please keep making your fine product even better!

Robert