Flash Questions

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
tcoulson

Is there a file that exists to show me how to build the "Controller file" for the Flash VR?

How can I customize the preloader that I have seen on so many sites - they all look the same and boring - I am sure there is a way to change them?

Your company is in the lead for me to recommend purchase to my boss. Great work :lol:
360Texas

As I understand.. controllers are built using Adobe Flash (newest version) or you can download samples created by forum members at

http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/v ... .php?t=145

Preloaders are only graphic images created using Photoshop or your favorite photo editor program. Then using pano2qtvr beta Flashpack there is a tab that you can just provide this file name.. and it will load it as a track.

Hope this helps
Dave
Pano2VR Forum Global Moderator
Visit 360texas.com
tcoulson

First, cheers for answering my post :lol: , it is appreciated.

Next, the links on the first page you sent over do not go anywhere, and they are only swf files for the navigation. What I really need are .fla files so I can see how they are coding the buttons and ensure that I am building a new navigation file in the correct way.

And, how are the photoshop graphics arranged to skin the preloader? Am I loading a photoshop file? I thought it would use a precreated Flash preloader, and I am just trying to get a handle on how to skin the elements of it. Thanks.
MLaBoyteaux

When you load Pano2QTVR, the .fla source files for the included controllers is located in the

"C:\Program Files\Pano2QTVR\flash\controller" folder.

You can open them in Flash and see what makes them tick.
tcoulson

Thanks MLa!!! :o :lol:

is there also an fla file for the preloader too? :?
360Texas

That is correct. I forgot the .fla was in that folder. I did try the .fla in Flash MX (version 8 ) and they would not load because they were created using Adobe Flash 9 or 10.

Thanks for point out where the .fla was located.

You can create the preloader image using Photoshop .. it is just a normal .jpg file. You specify the .jpg file name on the pano2qtvr FLASH tab. It then just puts it on a separate track when you create the Flash panorama.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
tcoulson

why isn't the preloader in the same vain as the navigation? It doesn't seem like a jpg file is going to give me the control over the code like I would like to have. Does this mean that all preloaders have to be run by the same code engine? The navigation is run by different swf's why isn't the preloader?

Anyway, if that is my only gripe, I will be purchasing this software, it seems to have everything we need. :D
MLaBoyteaux

Try looking in this thread to help understand the API for the pano movies.
http://www.pano2qtvr.com/forum/phpBB2/v ... c.php?t=62
tcoulson

I already looked through the API. Is the preloader just associated with the movieClipLoader in that base code on the API? If so then there is no jpg file needed at all, I can just make calls to the MovieClipLoader and create my graphics. Please verify if I am right.
tcoulson

Anyone?
360Texas

Most of the people here in the forum are photographers using Pano2qtvr to display images. Maybe there are some Flash programers who can answer your question.
Dave
Visit 360texas.com
hum@no.id

If so then there is no jpg file needed at all, I can just make calls to the MovieClipLoader and create my graphics. Please verify if I am right.
YES

Any custom Preloaders (with overlay)
tcoulson

Thanks for the responses everyone. :lol: