Object Flash Movie Problems

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
MLaBoyteaux

I've created an object movie in flash with a controller. It works fine by itself. However, I'm importing it into a full flash website by attaching the swf to another larger movieclip.

The problem is there is a small red box that appears above the object movie and the controller is positioned waaaay off screen.

I've managed to solve the red box by moving the "vr.clip" _x and _y to a -20, which essentially covers it up when the onLoadInit function is called.

But, I can't reposition the controller because it's apparently being loaded after the "vr" clip loads, so the function fires before it's fully loaded.

Apparently the object movies don't contain the "pano" object so the normal pano API won't work.

I created my own buttons and tried using a "vr.changePan(-1)" function as well as the standare nextFrame() and prevFrame() functions with no luck.

I can see the "vr" movieclip is loaded and contains all of the frames of the object movie, but by experimenting with the visiblity, it appears the image which is being displayed is in a clip named "vr.clip".

Is there any information anywhere on using the API for object movies?

I'd really like to use a controller so the user's have an intuitive sense of being able to manipulate the image......

Here's a link to the sample I'm trying to create
http://www.horseshoecustomhomes.com/demo_V3.htm

The idea is to use a sequence of aerial photos of a house and allow the user to rotate it. The images I used are some I already had, but they weren't shot with this use in mind. If the client buys into it, I'll shoot a new series that will work better.

I'm using the latest version of Pano2QTVR, 1.5.0beta9.
thomas
Chief Gnome

Sorry, I wanted to post this description earlier. The object movies have and object call obj instead of pano with the same methods as with panos so

Code: Select all

<movieclip>.obj.setPan(5);
<movieclip>.obj.changePan(1);
<movieclip>.obj.changeTilt(1);
should work. The numbers are not degrees but the image numbers in the rows.

The red small box is a pain.... It should be transparent but I am not sure why it is rendered red. I will try to fix this with the next beta.
MfG, Thomas
MLaBoyteaux

Thanks Thomas!

After studying your example source files, I figured out that by specifying the window_height and width, the movie will cover up the red square, then all I need to do is create my own mask to cover up the jagged edges of the pano movies.

Knowing the name for the object used in the "object" movies will allow me to setup my own custom controllers when I attach the movies to a nested structure.

Thanks for the effort you've put into Pano2QTVR. It's an awesome tool and I plan on making the most of it with my other Flash designs.
BobL

The red small box is a pain.... It should be transparent but I am not sure why it is rendered red. I will try to fix this with the next beta.
Not sure if this will be helpful or not but when I have had the red box occur in flash files that I have created it usually is because of a blank frame in an animation or the content of the movieclip was imported and has been removed/deleted from the library.