hotspots directly in panoramas

Specific Q&A about the new Flash export
jaaaab

hello

i'm currently studiing this example:
http://www.pano2qtvr.com/sample/flashtour

and i know this:

there is the controller containing the compass and borders, and then there are three panoramas fountain.swf, pavilion.swf, and park.swf

i was a bit surprised when i saw that the hotspots were directly included in the three panoramas and not in the controller.

i thought the code <panoclip>.pano.addHotspot(<string-id>,<pan-angle>,<tilt-angle>,<movieclip>);
was to be used in the controller .fla

How can i integrate the hotspots directly in the panorama swf and not in the controller?

Because when i use it in the controller, the hotspot is still present when i load a new panorama, and i don't want this...

thanks a lot!
fungoid_1

Where have you found th source of this sample??
I want examine too...
jaaaab

i've just downloaded it and decompiled it ;)
Showie

jaaaab wrote: Because when i use it in the controller, the hotspot is still present when i load a new panorama, and i don't want this...
eh ? You simply put the next tour in the next frame also included in that frame the actionscript of that eye. On this way, you don't have the same hotspots in different tours + different eye on a different location for a another tour ;)
jaaaab

hi

how dumb i am, i thought i was only possible to do all the script on a single frame....

however, nos it is ok. Thanks Showie!

but it still doesn't explain why pano2QTVR example is like i described it.

Is there a way to remove out the white screens between 2 panos? i mean when clicking on a hotspot there's a white screen while loading the next one...

bye!
Showie

how dumb i am, i thought i was only possible to do all the script on a single frame....
héhé. A virtual tour in Flash is the same of you make a website. So if you can make a website in Flash, you also can make a virtual tour.
Is there a way to remove out the white screens between 2 panos? i mean when clicking on a hotspot there's a white screen while loading the next one...
Normally is this impossible when your script is good. In the tour you have a preloader, so normally you must see first the preloader. When you see a white screen there must be something wrong. I think your tour is to big. How many MB is your .swf file ?
jaaaab

each views of my tour are around 1MB

here is the source of my tour:

http://www.immersive.fr/demo/container.fla

do your actionscript look alike?
Showie

I look tonight.

I'm sitting here on a pc but i don't have flash 8 here, it's Flash MX :?
thomas
Chief Gnome

jaaaab wrote: but it still doesn't explain why pano2QTVR example is like i described it.
Ok, you got me... this is an older example where I tested the idea of embedding the hotspots in the panos. But this is not that flexible (you can not select a different movieclip etc.). So I switched to the new method where you can do exactly the same. Only the calls are on a different place.

I will create a new tour with this new method after beta7 is out (... really soon :))
MfG, Thomas
Showie

thomas wrote: I will create a new tour with this new method after beta7 is out (... really soon :))

Aaahh nice ! :)

So hurry up Thomas :P :P :P