Google Street View • Solid Blue Street View Path vs Dotted Blue Photo Path

keith@fachwen.org

Hi,

I've been uploading 360 panos to Google Maps for a long time. They've mainly been remote wilderness spots with one or two images where we've camped for the night or whatever. I can see them on Google maps in the photos/imagery pane, some have had over 700,000 views!! So I must be doing something right. I can also almost use Google Maps as a kind of personal library, I can send a link of one of my panos to friends and they can open it directly. All very handy.

More recently I've been experimenting shooting complete 'walks' with many shots close together.

I'm not sure how Google decides to show this as a solid blue Google Path or dotted blue line of photos. I don't know of any options in Pano2VR to do anything to help with this. All I can find on-line is something about shooting 360 views of a walk with Video and auto uploading this to Google. I'm a bit in the dark about all of this. Even Google's own forums are a bit chaotic on this subject.

I'm guessing here, but I imagine, if past experience is anything to go by, what I've been doing to date is all we can do. I just have to 'wait' for Google to do some analysis and processing on their side and there might be a 'blue line' or not at some point in the future?

So, hoping someone on here with relevant experience can shed some light on this :)

Here is a link to a pano part way on a walk I shot a few days ago:

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.102566, ... 080!8i3040

The links work, in that you can click from one pano to another, but it doesn't show up on the overview map as any kind of blue line, solid or dotted!

Just checked my 'Google Status' .... Guide Level 7, whatever that means :shock:

Thanks.
delete30

The distance between panos is too far to make blue line~
keith@fachwen.org

Thanks, I managed to get a handle of some of that a while ago 👍🏻