Linking issues

Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Seeing lots of issues concerning panoramas not linking together.
Google's issue tracker has this and Google knows about the problem with status set to Assigned.
In Pano2VR please check in the user data you see both Street View Uploaded and Street View Linked.

1.png
1.png (28.39 KiB) Viewed 19839 times

If not it could mean some panoramas have been rejected.
Also using the Street View app or your Google Maps account make sure you see the place and not "unknown".

Also, check when you log in to your Google account you select Publish and manage your 360 photos on Google Street View. By default, this is deselected.

2.png
2.png (94.35 KiB) Viewed 19839 times

Also, it may be wise if after 10 days you still do not see any connections and you are 100% sure the tour is built correctly try deleting the tour.
Making sure all the nodes have been deleted, keep checking back after a few minutes to see if any come back.
Once you are sure it has been deleted, then upload again.
If after a day you do not see any connections select the Upload Project to Street View button again, it will not hurt to do this a few times.

At one point we read this would only put your project to the back of a processing queue, but try it as this may have been when Street View had its migration issues a few years back.

Also from Google:
Troubleshoot Street View publishing issues
Here are a few common error messages you may encounter when you publish Street View imagery and the steps you can take to resolve them.

Publishing failed
If a publish attempt fails with no specific reason, re-submit the file. Some other publishing errors include:

Image resolution too low: The image size doesn’t meet the minimum requirements. Re-capture the image with higher resolution selected from your camera menu.
File has already been published: Make sure to delete the previous upload before you attempt to re-upload.
Invalid GPS points: GPS metadata is wrong or incomplete. Make sure you have a clear GPS signal, then re-capture your image.
Unable to process location information: Re-capture the Street View.
File is corrupt: Re-upload the file. If it doesn’t get published again, then re-capture the Street View.
Internal error: Re-upload the file.
Imagery was taken down
Imagery may be taken down if it doesn’t meet the Maps User Contributed Content Policy. Make sure your content is in line with the guidelines and re-publish the file.

Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
As a follow up on this I have seen a post in a Street View group that says Google wait until March!
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
keith@fachwen.org

Noticed this problem again today. Uploaded a 45 node tour. Google browser reports a tour of 44 images and 5 separate images. Baffling!!
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.36.18.png
Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.36.18.png (203.63 KiB) Viewed 19609 times
Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.35.38.png
Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 17.35.38.png (86.36 KiB) Viewed 19609 times
Hopki
Gnome

Check that all the nodes have the same place ID.
Also, it may be Google needs time to add all the images to the same place, also check that both Street View User Data Tags are seen in all nodes.
See: viewtopic.php?p=68543#p68543
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
keith@fachwen.org

Thanks. I will investigate 😎
keith@fachwen.org

I have been checking what the current position is and have some inconsistent issues where I could do with some help :D

The total tour node count is 45. The 1st 40 are fine and are linked on Google maps and the Auto Tag panel shows both uploaded to and linked to Street View.
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 13.42.22.png
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 13.42.22.png (11.91 KiB) Viewed 19579 times

The last five show as uploaded, but there is no Linked tab.
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 13.42.32.png
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 13.42.32.png (11.66 KiB) Viewed 19579 times
They also appear in a separate 'group' in the Street View Browser in Pano2VR.

In the standard Google webpage where I can see my contributions they show up with no place attached to them.

I've checked the tags in Pano2VR and they are done properly. I have tried editing these, changing them to somewhere else, updating, then changing back so they are all the same, with no success.

My last thought is to try and delete them from the Google servers and re-upload. Pano2VR doesn't seem to like to do this.

Trying the project buttons to delete the individual pano doesn't seem to work:
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 13.45.55.png
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 13.45.55.png (21.6 KiB) Viewed 19579 times
I finally tried and deleted the images directly through my Google web page, and they deleted fine from there. So they are no longer actually on the Google Servers as far as I can tell.

Back into Pano2VR and my project file thinks they are still on the servers (I think?). So my Pano2VR project is now out of sync with the Google servers and I don't seem to be able to progress matters. I can't re-upload, delete the individual nodes or anything else!

The errors are many, but all seem to involve 'not found'.
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 13.54.29.png
Screenshot 2022-03-19 at 13.54.29.png (27.05 KiB) Viewed 19579 times
So, currently, on Google my tour is missing 5 nodes, and I can't upload!

Google servers seem to take a good amount of time to sort themselves out sometimes, so maybe I should just wait?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Keith
Last edited by keith@fachwen.org on Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keith@fachwen.org

Well, just to let you know. I waited a bit and then Pano2vR reported correctly that 5 nodes were missing from the Google Servers. The upload button worked fine, hooray!!

All 45 nodes are now together in one 'tour' on the Google servers and linking properly, as far as I can tell...

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1388806 ... 080!8i3040
soulbrother

I can confirm, that a tour, that was perfectly setup before uploading, also had such kind of "linking delay".
But I was patient ad waited 4 days.
Than all panos where linked, exept 7 (out of 33).
So I thought I need to check all settings again, but all was perfect.
I simply waited some additional 4 days - and it was fine.
Heres the tour:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Osterm ... 11.6841435
Scotdiver

I just had this problem with some tours I posted yesterday - some images were showing under the business name and some not. Fixing the duplicate titles and refreshing the metadata on the upload seems to have resolved the "unknown" image problem.
jonathan

Do you think pano2vr v7 has less issue than v6 on google linking issues ?
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Jonathan,
The issue is not with Pano2VR as many people use the same build and only a very small number have issues.
What Pano2VR can not control is:

• Your Account, try Revok access and log back in again
• Your API Key, check it has all the different APIs
• The place used, use Maps to pick a place
• Your Panoramas, for example to small or inappropriate content
• The way you built the tour, make sure all hotspots show the padlock, the heading is correct in all panoramas etc.

I had a situation where I uploaded a project and got the 404 files not found.
So I revoked access and logged back in and it all worked, maybe Google timed out my account.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com