Nadir being blurred?

Marcus

Hi there,

Just started experimenting with Pano2VR and Google Street View. My initial project was successfully uploaded. I had applied a blurred cover patch, then overlaid a smaller nadir patch image for my company. Following hints from the webinar, the nadir was simple, fov of 30, black border, white background with "created by" and the company name in the centre. No contact details / url.

On the uploaded pano, the blurred cover effect is displayed on the nadir, but it appears my overlaid nadir image was either not uploaded - or has been blurred by Google. I suspect it was blurred out by Google.

Just wondering:
1) I understand interactive elements (hotspots etc) are not uploaded to Google. However, I assume if I used a cover blur, then overlaid it with my smaller nadir image, that would be combined into one image for Google. Is this correct, or do I have to combine the pano image + nadir beforehand for an overlaid nadir to work for a Google ?

2) Are there any other hints on how to structure a nadir which Google will accept.

Much appreciated,
Marc
Marcus

Quick update - I've tried various nadirs, the below my most recent attempt, but the nadir logo is always removed. This attempt; no border, plan white background.

This is "as seen" on the Pano2Vr local host:

... and after being uploaded to Google Street View:
google-street.jpg
google-street.jpg (16.8 KiB) Viewed 4856 times

Any idea what's happening?

Many thanks
Marc
Last edited by Marcus on Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Marc,
You can "convert" the panorama so a new panorama is made with the patch as part of the image.
In the meantime, we will look into this, but so this does not get lost can you also send this to support so we have it logged in support, the link below.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Marcus

My apologies Hopki,

After re-tracing my steps, I realised the mistake was mine. I thought it could be a z-index issue with the cover blur and patch image .... then discovered I couldn't change the order of the two elements in the list view. It finally dawned on me, I had originally used an Image component for the nadir, not a Patch->image. The output behaviour now made sense.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Marc,
Just glad you got to the bottom of it.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/