New 360 Tour not being added as a Google Streetview Tour

Jono

My last three Google Streetview tours using a series of 360 images and then joined using the Pano2VR software into a tour have not been given the blue line. Google say they no longer support that method and require a video instead. Is that correct?

They said:
Thank you for providing links to the tours! Actually this is an old feature where if you publish 360 photos consecutively you can get a blue line from them. However, since auto-connect got disabled, this is no longer the case. If you want to publish blue lines, you need to shoot in video mode.
Hopki
Gnome

Moving Topic to the correct forum.

Hmmm, we will have to have a look into this.
Thanks for the heads up.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Jono

I can see from another Google Street View photographer that takes a series of 360 degree images (rather than video) has also had the same change. There are a series of blue dots rather than it changing to a line. I know he uses the Google Streetview app and not Pano2 however.

Has anyone else had the same issues when using Pano2vr to make the tour when using a series of 360 images?
erikahrend

I have recently, (a few days ago) uploaded to Google Maps (StreetV View?) a tour of a small local park that I used as a test to see how building and uploading a tour would be. All in all, it went pretty well, followed the instructions provided in one of Pano2vr seminars and managed to connect and place correctly in the map. Google place was assigned and the tour (79 images properly connected in Pano2Vr) was uploaded successfully.

The individual images are all available to see in Google Maps (they are currently all receiving views), however, a few days have passed and there is no connection between the images, so the intended "tour" is non existent and the images don't make a lot of sense as "standalone". Taken with Theta Z1, GPS enabled on my iPhone, images correctly placed in the map and taken 4-5 steps apart (with very clear line of sight between them). Any ideas why the images are not being connected? Is this no longer a feature in Google Maps?

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Best,

Erik.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik,
Do you have a link to one of the images on Google Maps?
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
erikahrend

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Sure, here is one of the nodes in the middle of the park. The whole path you see was covered every 4-5 steps, and so were the stairs you can see in the picture. Hope it helps:

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/111 ... m2!3m1!1e1

Thanks.

Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik,
The reason why I wanted one of the images is that Google tends to process links at different speeds in different products.
So if you open your link and select the embed code you see the links.

Links.gif
Links.gif (6.16 MiB) Viewed 8705 times

As you can see there are links, maybe not all of them just yet, so it is just a waiting game for google to sort this out.
Also what may be better is to report a problem which you can also do from the same menu.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
erikahrend

Thanks Martin for taking the time to look into it. So basically, I just need to wait until Google catches up and decides to populate the images with the pertinent hotspots? I am relatively new to the whole GSV ecosystem, but I am shocked at how clunky and unreliable everything seems to be! Statistics don't match, views are all over the place, my public profile doesn't match my real profile, and uploads and submissions take forever to appear and sometimes are inconsistent or mislabeled... Baffled to say the least, I had a completely different perception of Google.

Thanks again!

Erik
SLO360

Erik,
I have been doing this for a while now and I am experiencing the same issue, only this is the first time I have ever experienced it. More than likely google needs to sort something out and it will get resolved, hopefully. This has not been my normal experience so Welcome and I hope you enjoy your future experiences :)
erikahrend

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm glad to hear that it might be something temporary. I do hope so, at least. It is just that it doesn't give me much confidence for approaching clients and offering GSV integration when you don't know if or when their tours will work properly. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Thanks!

Erik.
erikahrend

Just wanted to report back with latest updates. Finally the tour is working and all the nodes (except one) are properly connected and working. It took about 10 days for Google to figure the hotspots out. However I haven’t been able to connect my tour to the Google car view from the street (just 3 or 4 meters away from my initial panorama). This seems to me like a crucial step, since clients would , no doubt, want to connect their businesses to the street view…. The tour doesn't appear as a blue line in the map either (I don’t know if it should or if this is a feature anymore).

The way things are, I am a little bit worried about approaching clients and offering a service that may be a constant cause of friction with customers…

Erik.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik,
Connecting to Google Car stopped working a long time ago, I think the last one I did was about 5 years ago, it connected after about 3 weeks, this disconnected, then a few months later connected then after a week or so disconnected and never worked since, as said this was years ago.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
erikahrend

Hi, thanks Martin. So there is no way to connect a business with the street then? (other than the "see inside" feature, I guess).

Thanks.

Erik
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Erik,
As far as I am aware this just stopped working with no official notice from Google years ago now.
Google did say you need to be 3 meters away from a street view car panorama, but I have not seen any projects connect for a very long time.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com