GSV no longer showing places

Zaphod

Hi there,

after quite some time I wanted to upload a Tour to GSV.

I am not getting anything shown in the places window. I have setup the API Keys (years ago) and it always worked.

Unfortunately the Google places do not look like they did when the respective video on YouTube was done and the console shows errors and asks me to do some OAuth registration of the application.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Carsten
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Carsten,
As a test, if you go to Pano2VR's Settings/Preferences and remove your API key, it will default back to ours, restart Pano2VR and try again.
Does it work?
If so then it will be your API key or account, do you have a valid payment method set up in your Google account?
If not this could also be the reason, although you may never use the APIs enough to get charged you do NEED a valid payment method.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
Zaphod

... thanks for the help, it seem to be that my payment method was missing.
Hopki
Gnome

Glad you got it going.
We have seen a few people that have had a long break from Google having the same problems.
At one point this was not necessary but now it's mandatory to have a valid payment method.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
pmanix

Hi there.

Similar problem here.

My Pano2VR6 latest build doesn't display a business' pin when I want to publish a Street View tour.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Glivd ... 18.6682535
I have created and restricted the API keys as instructed on your youtube tutorial - Maps JavaScript API, Geolocation API and Places API. I have submitted my payment details in the Google Cloud Platform dashboard and they have validated my card. I have tried searching for the business with my newly generated API key and without a key with no luck. When the business name is typed in search, the (google) map finds it and focuses on the business' location but doesn't display it's pin. Without pin, I can't select it and can't assign the tour to the business. I have also tried using Place ID finder, which got me the business ID: ChIJ1-DRcuoxEUcRtSp0k_UUXqE. When I try to put it in search i get "The address you entered could not be found!" error. The business listing displays normally in the browser and there are plenty other pins in the maps window which pins I can click and assign the tour to. There simply is no pin of the business. And I have found a couple of businesses that don't display the pin within the Pano2VR map. It's not just this particular listing.
Please help.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
Pano2VR's green + button requires a map pin to be close before you would see the address in the list.
For example, if I have panoramas in the UK, I then open the Street View panel and use the green + Add Place button and enter an address say in Vienna, then in the address nothing will be found.

This is normal as Pano2VR will only find addresses that are near the map pin, 5km.
What you need to do is select the Pick Place from Google Maps button:

1.png
1.png (28.05 KiB) Viewed 4539 times

Then when the Tour Map opens, add the address, note the Map Tools button is highlighted in the tour map.
After you enter the address and press enter, the tour map will show that the location.
If you now press the Map Tools button, to deactivate Pick Place from Google Maps, you will see a green map pin where the location is.
In Google Maps you would have seen a red Map pin, so the only difference is we use a Green Flag.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
pmanix

Thanks Hopki, problem solved.