Ongoing Street vIew issues

sndrgn

this is why I love this forum :-) professional and quick help :)
thx again, have a nice sunday
Hopki
Gnome

Latest update,
Levels are still not working, Google are looking into it.

I uploaded a three-node project last night, the links to node three are not showing even though all is correct with the project.
In the Local Guides Connect help pages lots of people are complaining of the same thing.

Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
sndrgn

Thanks for the update. Same here. In one tour not all uploaded panos are shown, but you can navigate to them in the tour. One pano is missing completely and in one pano the arrows are missing. In other tours the levels don't work.
Hopki
Gnome

Had this response about levels!
will update you with any new information should it arise
Should it arise, does not inspire.
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
webline

it's very frustrating with how much ignorance and minimal developer power Google supports it's own software and the SVT project in general. I'm still waiting to get the answer that we don't see any bugs there but artificial intelligence optimising our tours :roll:
That's what they did at the last SVT meeting...
panovrlover

webline wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:56 pm it's very frustrating with how much ignorance and minimal developer power Google supports it's own software and the SVT project in general. I'm still waiting to get the answer that we don't see any bugs there but artificial intelligence optimising our tours :roll:
That's what they did at the last SVT meeting...
Its especially frustrating as peoples livelihoods depend on this service. I currently have around £6,000 of Google tours to invoice for this past few weeks and currently can't as its just broken.

@hopki - Is it still best to delete projects that have issues, wait 24 hours then try again? Currently having a mare trying to upload a few tours that just won't assign the business name and as such, won't link them together with the rest of the tour.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I can only go by my own experiences, my last three node tour, it took three uploads before it all linked up, but still the wrong panorama is the starting node.

The first time I uploaded node 2 to three linked but not node 1 and node 2.
Waited 24 hours and no links.
Deleted the project, waited and then checked all nodes were removed from Google.
Uploaded...
Only node 1 and 2 linked, node three did not.
Went through the process again of deleting the tour.
Uploaded again, now all three nodes are linked, but in my account, node 2 is the starting panoramas!
I have left it like this.

In summery it did not seem to matter if I waited.
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
panovrlover

Thanks Hopki, at least it gives me something to do whilst eating endless amounts of pasta on my toilet roll throne :|
jimsalabim

Hi guys,

Does anybody know how well it works to alternatively upload the tour with the Street View App?
I feel quite embaressed letting my customer wait with the same excuses...
Hopki
Gnome

Hi jimsalabim,
It seems after a few uploads the tours do start to work, but you can try the Street View App, not sure if it is any better, try it!
Regards,
Garden Gnome Support
support@ggnome.com
panovrlover

jimsalabim wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:26 am Hi guys,

Does anybody know how well it works to alternatively upload the tour with the Street View App?
I feel quite embaressed letting my customer wait with the same excuses...
I've never been able to get the SV app to work properly, maybe on Android devices it works but on iOS its hopeless. Give your tours another try, i've just uploaded a few that seem to be OK, just waiting on a few 100+ node tours to process and we'll see.
panovrlover

Hopki wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:57 am Hi jimsalabim,
It seems after a few uploads the tours do start to work, but you can try the Street View App, not sure if it is any better, try it!
Regards,
Just a quick one Hopki, do you delete the projects then re-upload, or just update the metadata?
pbdemoulin

Hello,

I hope you are doing well and are safe.
I try to upload a pano and I get an error message:

Error transferring https://streetviewpublish.googleapis.co ... ons,places - server replied: Not Found

With following detail:
{
"error": {
"code": 404,
"message": "Photo with id: CAoSLEFGMVFpcE0xVk00aFdnRlAzYUFscE4ydlFFczZaU1R6RGJIaUt5bjVRNWgx does not exist.",
"status": "NOT_FOUND"
}
}

Request:
{
"connections": [
],
"places": [
{
"placeId": "ChIJZebaJ87zwUcRw9CdhK11AuA"
}
],
"pose": {
"heading": 0,
"latLngPair": {
"latitude": 50.1829459,
"longitude": 4.64234322
}
}
}

When I go to my account I can see the pano but marked as "unknown" place.
With GSV App, I can specify the correct place.
In my account in GSV App, I can see several time my pano: one for each try.
In Pano2VR, I can see that the "Status online" is green / connected but with a counter=0

Could you tell me what I'm doing wrong or what might be the technical problem ?

Thank you for your support.

Take care.
Stefano

Hello,

are you experiencing any trouble with the uploading of your street view tours? I have published 2 tours during the past week. I see the panos and tour connections in my google maps page, but I see no blue dots the street view neither the panos in the google business page.
I think the problem is about the COVID ( https://www.blog.google/inside-google/c ... -covid-19/ ), but I'd like to know if I'm someone else is having the same problem.

Stefano
pbdemoulin

Hello Stefano,

Pano2VR gives me the previous mentionned error.
When connecting to my account, I can see the pano (that is not a tour).
But the pano is not connected to the place defined in Pano2VR ...
So it is partially working.
And, I have this issue since december. I left over the past months, and now I have some more time and want to set it up again.

Regards,