Google Maps using Description field

sparrow

Hi

I added a 360 to an existing Google Maps location and Google Maps used the description field as the image title.

IE when I view the image in Street View, the small badge on the top left of the photo reads...
  • [Description]
  • [Profile photo, profile name]
  • [Street View - Jun 2019]
I don't recall this happening before and wondered if it was a 6.1 beta3b bug or intended feature.

Also, I edited the field to something more appropriate and resubmitted the image. Google is still displaying the original description. Is this usually resolved within a few days?
sparrow

Hi Hopki

Thanks for the info.
I think Google SV is having extreme delays or I am doing something wrong.

I updated the description around 15 days ago, clicked the submit button (Upload current panorama to Street View) and nothing has changed.

I could probably remove completely the image and make a new project etc and resubmit at same co-ordinates but I'd lose my image view count.

Is a delay of 15+ days normal? Can you edit one of your own images, submit and let me know how long it may take.
Thanks
P
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I edited a tour on the 11th and the titles updated quite quickly but the hotspots have only just started to show.
I may of given you bum information.
The title is for the individual panorama the description is being used in my account for the tours listing.
I was sure this was right.
If you have no titles set then add a place, the place name gets added to all the panoramas via the title.
In the attached you can see each node has its own title while the description is Layer Marne Tower.
Regards,
Hopki
Attachments
E3B211DE-02D3-4B3C-83A3-25C8E040A668.png
E3B211DE-02D3-4B3C-83A3-25C8E040A668.png (1.86 MiB) Viewed 4252 times
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/