Hotspots redundant / getting positions right no GPS

markpalmos

Hello Hopki and others,

I have just finished publishing (I THINK) a Street View Tour. I published the same tour yesterday but had not placed each of the 25 images on a map, simply assigned the business location to each of the photos and created hotspots to link them. The tour looked fine in HTML5, so I uploaded it. It did not publish - only the first photo did, but there were no links at all... so I guessed that each of the 25 images have to be placed on a map and linked there.

Luckily the hotspot links meant I had to position the nodes but that they were already linked... but I still struggled a lot to get things facing the right way, so that the red radar pointed at the next linked node, and to try to get the lines as straight as possible - it seems the correctness of the linking is indicated by this, that an S shaped line, or a curved one means something is "off".

We'll see how it turns out, but I could not find any video or written, detailed explanation of the tools for creating and editing for Street View... things like the ability to group and move and rotate a group (discovered that by mistake), but also basic things like how to place nodes if you don't have GPS, whether hotspots have any function in Google Street View (it seems not, true?). All the tutorials I could find seem to be focussed on producing a tour using photos with GPS data intact. It would be great to see an in-depth manual/help file/tutorial covering creation of a GSV tour from photos that dont have gps.

Thanks!
Mark.
markpalmos

One of the things I dont understand or see any explanation of, is how to rotate the red radar thing on the tour map without rotating the pano in the viewer. One of them is 180° off but I cant seem to rotate it!

Please help!
tx
Mark
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mark,
I know you got your answer in the FB user group but for those following you rotate the pano so you see a reference point, then press and hold the “N” key.
As you click + drag in the viewer you rotate the compass not the pano. In the Tour Map sync the compass with the direction of the pano.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
markpalmos

Thanks Hopki.
Kind regards, Mark