feature request: all north

webline

I would like to have the option to place my panos on the map, position the GPS hotspot in the pano editor and this should set the north of the pano I work on automatically.

In other words: I place the panos on the map and then switch to the pano editor. Here all other editing will be done. The first pano and the location of the hotspots will create the north values for all connected panos.
Hopki
Gnome

Hi,
I would like to have the option to place my panos on the map, position the GPS hotspot in the pano editor and this should set the north of the pano I work on automatically.
If the first pano is in the correct location and North is set correctly and the map pins have been placed accurately for the other panoramas then you should be able to use the N key to set the compass for each subsequent pano. This is assuming that all the panos have been shot so each pano is in line of sight of the other as recommended by Google.
So from the first pano rotate the viewer so you have the next pano in the centre of the viewer, click the N key and drag the viewer which will rotate the compass until the hotspot is in the correct place. Go to the node and use the Z key to flip 180 degrees and test the hotspot is in eh centre of the viewer. Press Z and carry on.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/
webline

OK - what would help a lot:
- after placing node A I turn the pano to look in the direction of node B
- then I place the marker for node B on the view line in the "cone" pano A showed before I selected node B. It would be great to see the orientation of node A when placing node b.
- now I check in the pano viewer if the connection looks OK with ALT-Click on the hotspot
- I turn back with Z to look from pano B to pano A
- now I would have to correct the north value for node B so that the hotspot of pano A appears at the right place. Instead of entering the value with the keyboard it would be easier to move the direction "cone" in the map.
thomas
Chief Gnome

You can do this by holding down the N key
MfG, Thomas
webline

Perfect - exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks!

Just published a Streetview project with 63 nodes build with Pano2VR: http://bit.ly/2qhr2Va

Still there is the bug that you can jump through walls or across areas where I never set a connection. This happened with the old Google Editor too and is a problem when using the mouse on a desktop machine.

Are you exporting the lat/lon data for each node AND data about the links between the nodes? Any idea how to restrict the jumps to the connections I set in Pano2VR?
webline

I published several smaller Project with Pano2VR now - that's very easy - and a nice workflow.
I would like to set the blur patch in the master node as default - is this possible?

And I don't see the reason why the place is not related to the project but to each node. I can't think of a project where I would like to have the option to set different places within one Pano2VR project.
thomas
Chief Gnome

If you hold down Shift while double clicking for a new patch, you will end up with blur circle... Cmd + Shift for Blur Cover, and Alt + Shift for a blurred square.

For multiple places in a project: Just think of a strip mall, where you have multiple stores! And assigning the same place to all nodes is just a copy button away... ;)

I think the jumps will not happen, if turn off "auto connect" in the Street View App on your smart phone:
IMG_3338.PNG
IMG_3338.PNG (65.5 KiB) Viewed 6709 times
MfG, Thomas
webline

"I think the jumps will not happen, if turn off "auto connect" in the Street View App on your smart phone:"

They do appear using a browser with a desktop PC. The problem is not there when using the keyboard to navigate but with the mouse.
The problem is related to Google not to Pano2VR - I'm only wondering if there is an influence by the editing software since the GoThru users report less stress with this issue.
thomas
Chief Gnome

I have turned off the auto connect early on, and it didn't happen to me since, but this setting only applies to new uploads.

As GoThru uses the same API as we do, the results should be exactly the same. I guess Google is changing a lot in the background, so this may also change with the day of the upload, weather, temperature, ... ;)
MfG, Thomas
TPickren

I think I am missing something simple here. My problem begins with the QooCam 8K camera, which I really like, except it doesn't support GPS in video. That's Okay b/c I want to understand how solve anyway. So, my workaround is to define some anchor points where the road makes a big change. For example, I have some long straight stretches on this new divided road. I use a little Excel script to increment the spacing for the nodes along the straight stretch and then import the EXIF/GPS. That is pretty efficient when N is consistent.

The current issue is that I don't have a formula (yet) to automatically place the panos around the roundabouts (3 in 1 mile) and maintain a constant N. They are large at about 100 ft radius so going all the way around plus lead in and out takes about 100 panos at 10' Google-defined spacing. I am down to about a half-hour to place the nodes. But N is not constant. The manual process of rotating the direction works fine but is very tiresome.

I would be happy with your solution of linking and pointing toward the next node on auto connect, but it is not happening for some reason. I don't know if it is an order-of-actions or what else is preventing that auto alignment. BTW, I am being very diligent in keeping the camera view centered over the hood center line.

Thoughts on likely issues? Here is one snapshot to illustrate the situation.

Thank you. I appreciate all of the hard work on the product and the support.

Tom
Attachments
Street with roundabouts.png
Street with roundabouts.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 3984 times
Tom Pickren
MapItToday LLC
TPickren

Thanks for that one Tony. I needed it to align a long string of nodes that require a different N setting. Done!

Tom
Tom Pickren
MapItToday LLC