Solved: Google Streetview Issue

Zaphod

Hello,

I am playing around with the Streetview Export Feature and it really works great - as long as one is extremely patient with Google sometimes needing ages to update on their side. So a big THANK YOU for this feature.

However I am having an issue with one tour, but only with two pictures of it.

I loaded 4 panos into Pano2VR. All are approx. 14.000 px wide and are in 2:1 ratio. They are all recognized in P2VR as equirectangular images and are correct connected between each other. For whatever reason 2 of the 4 are recognized as flat images in Google Streetview hance are missing in the tour.
Streetview Issue.PNG
Streetview Issue.PNG (335.34 KiB) Viewed 2635 times
The settings in P2VR are are set to 12.000px for images and it is working fine with all other tours and even 2 of the 4 images in this tour.

Any idea what is going wrong here?

Greetings

Zaphod
Zaphod

Hello again,

the issue got solved.

After I re-exported the images, it worked 8)

I have no clue what the real issue was, but now it looks like it was something in the metadata which did ONLY affect Google. Every Panorama-Viewer, P2VR and what not was able to treat the file as expected, only Google got screwed up with it. And only 2 out of 4 had the issue, while all 4 have been created the same way, with the same programs and methods.

It might be a mystery forever....

Zaphod
Hopki
Gnome

Hi Mr Beeblebrox, :D
Google are still poking and prodding about so I would say expect the odd glitch.
If something doe snot work, give it an hour and try again.
Im sure once everything settles down (which may still take a few weeks) all will be fine.
Regards,
Hopki
Garden Gnome Support
If you send an e-mail to support please send a link to the forum post for reference.
support@ggnome.com
https://ggnome.com/wiki/documentation/